web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Let me try my best to describe this: our Partner system is picking up the first unoccupied line momentarily, then dropping it. Incoming calls are getting answered when it "cycles" (picks up the line). Undisturbed, you can see the unoccupied line light up for a second, then go off. It continues this cycle indefinately. You can almost hear ringing on the other end when you call in and it picks up. Can this be a telco issue or is something up with the unit?

I tried plugging in a regular phone and calling but the problem is not recreated (the phone rings regularly). Unplugging the VM had no effect either.

Thanks in advance.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

DJG Offline
Try a system reset, or go to the 308 unit and swap line one with line 2 and see if the problem follows or stays on line 1

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
From what you describe it sounds like a ring-trip but I can't be sure. What Partner do you have- PII, P+, ACS? What messaging system? Also not sure what you are saying about the "regular phone". Where did you plug it in?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
one of your extensions have short on the 4 and 5 pair see which ext has the green light it could also be a bad jack connected to the system without a phone plugged in.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I just had the same sympton on a 308 expansion card. Put your butt set on the line, and you will hear the system think the line is ringing even though it is not. Swap the lines, and the problem should stay with the port. If you have spare line ports, move the line and reprogram to make it appear in its old position on the phones. If no more ports, either replace the ACS, or add an expansion card to move the line.

OP Offline
Forgot to say I tried a reset and unplugged the lines from the system, still showed same symptom.

Regular phone = bypassing the partner unit altogether.

The Partner unit is PII with VMS R5.0.

One more thing I forgot to add-- the problem rolls over to the next line when the first is occupied (i.e. you can pick up line 1 to make a call and it will work fine, but then line 2 will inherit the intermittent red light symptom. This seems to continue all the way down the chain to the last line).

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
if its a partner 11 then where talking 206 cards , try swapping the 206 cards

if one and two are in use does the problem show up on three ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
You my find that one of the phones has a bad Optical switch in it.

It's time to upgrade to ACS 308. A partner II working with a VS 5 may have voice mail clock issues.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
$5.00 says it's the processor, or the exp processor! If you are really close to me, PM me and I'll bring one out to test. smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
If you're still in NC, you're not so close-- I'm in St. Louis. I appreciate the offer though-- you get a gold star wink

I guess I'll be hunting for a new processor (just bought this one 2 years ago-- grrrrr). Its probably time to upgrade anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,601 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024