web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I posted the following problem to a newsgroup recently and thought I would try my luck here:

Original Post:

We have a Merlin Legend Mail 007 MLM and the message waiting lights on the phones do not light up when there are messages waiting. I reset the 007 MLM.

Any ideas?

Reply:

Is this the outboard unit that connects to a single line board ? Check that the last port has ICM dial tone. Its the one that sets and resets the message waiting light.

I was unsure how to answer so I added a link that shows a picture of our system I do not know what is considered the last port.

https://mropartner.com/phonesystem.xls
https://mropartner.com/phonesystem.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moving to the Avaya forum.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Welcome to the board welcome

I was unsure how to answer so I added a link that shows a picture of our system I do not know what is considered the last port.

This problem will most likely not be solved at user level and most likely KSU related. You should call your equipment vendor for service in this case.

OP Offline
Our vendor told us the entire system is in need of replacement. Somehow, I disagree. It seems everything about the system is functional except the message waiting light. Is there a way I can test the system?

Find another vendor, use the installer link above.
You also need to have a complete profile if you expect help. smile

I would agree, find a new vendor.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
PM Sent.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
I havent read the whole forum and not sure if this question has been asked. We have a bunch of Lucent Partner phones here at our company. We have one problem: Whenever someone leaves a message on anybodys voicemail the message light does not go on, so no one ever know whether they have a message or not. If anyone could help us with this it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked through all the manuals, nothing on it.

Chris Howard
Chris Howard
try the #53 and the Ext number and see if the lamp comes on

William C. Howard
KSAdmin, please start your own topic in the Avaya forum so people will see it. Just copy and paste what you said above.

Tacking a new question on the end of an old topic is not the way to get help.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,664 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024