web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#86009 08/17/07 06:38 AM
RLReady Offline OP
OP Offline
I know that this is a bit off the main tech support topics, but I hoped that someone here may have the real skinny on this.

Have a Definity G3, and slowly migrating to an S8700. In the market to replace the existing VM (an old Centigram). Not very crazy about Modular Messaging, so our current Avaya dealer is proposing a new Intuity LX R2. One of the other vendors (selling something else) is telling me that the entire Intuity line has been announced End-of-Life by Avaya. Our current Avaya dealer says that this is not true, and the R2 will be supported for many years to come, and no announcement has been made.

Since both are trying to sell me something, I am not sure who to trust. I'd like to stay all Avaya, but don't want to buy something that is going to be dead in a few years.

Anyone know what is really going on?

Thanks.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#86010 08/17/07 06:52 AM
They're both right...sort of. The way Avaya sometimes names things is crazymaking. The old Intuity line has been indeed "sunsetted". However, the Intuity LX R2 is part of the new messaging server line. Perhaps they should have given this product a new name.

Read more at https://www.avaya.com/gcm/master-us...ix_lx_multimedia_messaging_server01.htm.

There's also an imbedded Intuity AUDIX on board the S8700 (IA770 on a chip). Some people prefer the separate server solution over the imbedded. A quick search revealed this brochure: https://www.avaya.com/master-usa/en-us/resource/assets/brochures/lb2159.pdf.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#86011 08/17/07 07:05 AM
RLReady Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick reply. So, I am assuming that the R2 is different than Modular Messaging? I thought that Avaya was trying to move to a single platform ... form Octel Aria/Serenade/Audix to Modular Messaging. (I know that the small systems will be here for the long term ... I'm speaking here of the larger, separate server systems.) So, the R2 is a new product that will be sold and supported for the foreseeable future?

BTW - the first link that you posted (the "Read more at:" link) didn't seem to work. Got an Avaya "Page cannot be found" error.

Thanks again.

#86012 08/17/07 08:11 AM
dagwoodsystems is right on the money. The older MAP 5, MAP 40, and MAP 100 Intuity Audix are end of sale. But the LX is not. The LX will be around for a long time to come. 2 messaging platforms were necessary becuase some customers didn't want to spend the money to get modular messaging when and audix soultion would do the job. If you need basic messaging then the IA LX is a great choice. If you want the best money can buy then get the modular messaging, but be preparded to spend some major dollars.

One nice thing about the LX R2, is that it now supports 24 ports, something the R1 did not. That now opens up the LX to both small and midsize businesses.

Another thing to consider if you deceide to go with a non Avaya messaging solution is that you will loose some features, direct to voice mail is the major one.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
#86013 08/17/07 08:31 AM
RLReady Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone ... that clears it up for me. I appreciate the quick responses.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024