web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RyanS Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm setting up an Avaya ACS 3.0 and It's a fairly simple setup, however when the caller wants to speak to someone in sales I am using a hunt group, so when they press "2" it sends them to hunt group (ext.) 71, which rings 3 extensions in the sales dept.

What's the best way to send that to a voicemail box if nobody answers? I can't assign a mailbox to extension 71, and I haven't figured out what to do at that point, after several rings the caller simply hears "that party is not available" (the default message for no mailbox)

Thanks for your help.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Ryan - it completely depends on what voice mail you are using, whether you can have a mailbox cover a group.

By the way, 71 is a "calling group", not a "hunt group". The difference is that a calling group rings all the extensions simultaneously, while a hunt group rings one, and if no answer moves to the next one, etc.

And there is NO coverage available for hunt groups.

RyanS Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks tommy - here's some more info about the setup.

I am using Call group 71 from the AA, and right now if nobody answers that it simply says "that party is not available" - I can not seem to assign a mailbox to the call group.

SO - i figured that i'd assign a night service button to ext. 10, and set ext 10 as the only extension assigned to the night service group.

That way, at night i'd just push DND/Night service and calls would go straight to a voicemail.

BUT, even though 10 is the only phone assigned to night service group extensions (#504) all phones are ringing when night service is active. Any ideas why?

All I really need is auto attendant to answer during the day, and when we're here it will send callers to the call group, and when we're not available (or after hours) to send to voicemail.

The hardware is Partner ACS3 with Large Voicemail card, and 18D phones.

Thanks again for your support, I really appreciate it!

Nope, no way to have a calling group cover to a mailbox with the PVM card. To do what you want to do you will need the Partner Messaging R7.

As for #504, the way it works is you assign extensions that have lines normally set to no ring. When you press the night service button now they will ring. So if you assign extensions to #504 that normally ring, night service will have no effect.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RyanS Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your help Hal, I'll look into upgrading from the PC Card to a Messaging R7.

Do you have any experience with the PC Management software?

I prefer to program with a phone. The Messaging Administration can be useful in creating and maintaining the dial-by-name directory. It's also nice to be able to backup the menu audio files to a PC but you still should create them with a phone. My experience with downsampling a .wav file is that the quality is worse than if done through a phone.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by hbiss:
Nope, no way to have a calling group cover to a mailbox with the PVM card. To do what you want to do you will need the Partner Messaging R.7
-Hal
Weeeeell you can but not through the tipical installation processes.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 90 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024