web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
njwlog Offline OP
OP Offline
When our system loses power, all incoming calls immediately go to VM until I manually reprogram the VMS Hunt group extensions (#505). This happens even if I restore the programming from the backup card. Any idea how I can prevent this from happening? thx.

Partner ACS R7.0 91E
VM PC Card Rel. 2

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

When you have everything working do a manual backup. I believe that the workaround Avaya came up with for the R7 losing it's programming on power loss was to do a restore from the backup on power up. It could be that the backup file you have may not have #505 correct.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Your processor's profile shows it is a REV "E". The current revision is "K". If you can get the processor flashed to the "K" level, the action Hal mentioned will take place after power failures.

Is the processor powered by a UPS? If not, it would be a good investment.

I Love FEATURE 00
Your processor's profile shows it is a REV "E"

Ahh, didn't catch that. So it's probably defaulting each time it loses power. Still you should be able to do a manual backup and restore from that.

The R7 was plagued with bugs and apparently you have one that loses programming when it loses power. As Dexman says, that and other bugs were fixed with the "K" patch. You are going to have to contact an Avaya dealer.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
njwlog Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies

It's on a UPS w/ some other computer equipment, but the outage outlasted the battery.

I downloaded the patch, any good flash loading software you would recommend?

From the Avaya site:

In order to copy these files to the PCMCIA card, you will need to purchase FlashTools Software from SMART Modular Technologies or another third-party software program.

For pricing information or to order FlashTools Software, please call Smart Modular at 1-800-942-0018 and ask for Customer Service.

You will also need to purchase a linear PCMCIA flash card.

Like I said, contact an Avaya dealer. It's going to be cheaper. If you had bought it from a dealer to begin with they would handle it no charge.

Matter of fact contact the internet gray market dealer that sold it to you and make them handle it. This is clearly a defective product. If you have any warranty I would pursue it.

-Hal

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
If at all possible, it might be a good idea to give the Partner telephone system its own UPS.

That way, it will remain active longer than if it has to share power with computer equipment. :thumb:

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,538 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, nonameyet), 179 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024