web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
On a Partner ACS, we usually have our IVR device transfer to a calling group, 71,72,73 etc. Have a larger store with many ports, and we are having an issue.

If one person wishes to transfer, calls go through every time. In a situation where a transferred call is ringing the group, not yet answered, and someone else wants to ring the same group, the second caller is immediately looped back to the main menu of our device.

Is there a way to have multiple calls go to the group, or some provision for a second ring path?

Any and all help is always appreciated.
Frank

it's all tip and ring
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

No, a calling group can only handle one call at a time. It gets looped back because your AA gets a busy and apparently that's how they have it handle it. You could have your AA wait until someone picks up the first call and the group becomes free but I doubt that information is passed from the ACS to your IVR from hunt groups 1-6. I suspect that if you program your IVR ports for hunt group 7 and look at the information passed it might be there. Then all you have to do is make your AA do something with it.

I believe that this is the problem your company had with the unit I installed. At my suggestion I put the ports in hunt group 7 and your guys looked at the information passed (I also had a digit grabber connected) and changed the firmware to handle it. That IVR works that way to this day.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
the issue with using hunt group 7, VM group, is the time sync to the 1st VM port every 30 minutes. Makes the IVR think it is a "no dtmf" call and send the beep beep through.

Thanks for the info Hal, always appreciated.

it's all tip and ring

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,904
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,033 Shoretel
190,222 CTX100 install
188,390 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024