web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PCTEK Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone, I have a customer that has multiple request of the Partner ACS R7 and Partner messaging 7. The first one is that they want two different extensions to be notified (light) of a voice mail in an AA general mailbox and they want the same general mailbox to answer all calls day or night no matter what AA is on. Can this be done? Second they want to monitor conversations. Can this be done without third party equipment? Third, they want a button progammed to switch manually between day and night auto attendants. Can this be done? Lastly they want a button programmed to do a centrex transfer. Thanks for the help I know its alot and there's more but I think I can get the others figured out.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
1. Only one light per mailbox.

1a. You can set the Dial-0/timeout to go to a specific mailbox number, such as 9991, instead of just "record a message in the general mailbox", which will send it to 9992 for AA2, 9993 for AA3, etc.

2. I think you covered this in your other post - you need a 3rd party service observing device for a Partner.

3. It is called the Night Service button, and be sure that the Auto Attendant schedule mode is set to "follow switch mode"

4. If you have Centrex lines, you just add a "recall" button (Feature-03), or program your speed dial button with Recall, Pause, and the centrex number to transfer to.

If a mailbox has outcalling there is a way to get a second message light to come on. Set the outcalling to dial #09 XX. (XX being the Ext#) But you would have to manually turn off the second message light after retrieving the message(s) F10 XX. I don't know if you can have outcalling on a General MB though.

PCTEK Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replys. You guys are great I appreciate it. A couple of clarifictions please. (1)If I program a recall button I take it that will get me a centrex dial tone, then they just enter any number like a cell phone and hang up and the call is transferred correct? How do you program a speed dial button manually for a centrex transfer to a specific cell phone? (2)I am going to make all AA mailboxes phantom to send messages to mailbox 10. What I need to figure out is if I can have a quick button or programming to change AA's at will, then I don't need a night service they can just change AA's. The reason for this is they have three people that switch taking after hours emergency call and they don't want all three selectors codes for centre transfer on the same AA. How would I do this? Thanks again.

PCTEK Offline OP
OP Offline
blklabs, The mailbox does have outcalling enabled. How would I go about setting the outcalling to do this? To turn off the message light manually on the second phone you hit F10 on the phone?

Please replay with details on how to go about this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Let's say you want Ext 12 to be the 2nd message light. Set outcalling to dial #0912. That will light the message light on Ext 12. To turn it off from ANY partner phone, press Feature 10 12.
This could also be programmed on a button on any Extension (including 12)
Press feature 00
Touch the button
Press Feature 10 12
Press Feature 00

PCTEK Offline OP
OP Offline
blklabs, I want ext. 12 to light when a message is left on 10 so let me get this straight. I'm programming mailbox 10 to outcall 12 then putting a message light off button on 12 to turn the light off. Wouldn't that turn the message light off altogether on 12 or just once and it would light again the next time? Thanks a bunch

Dude - make the outcalling number for mailbox 10 "#0912" - Then put a button on Ext. 12 with Feature-10-12 on it.

Now spend some time woodshedding with the equipment and the manual!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,590 Shoretel
189,476 CTX100 install
187,625 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 147 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024