web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Recently upgraded two sites to Partner ACS 7.91.k systems. One site has three 308EC cards, the other has three 308EC cards plus a 012 card in the first slot. Embarq is the service provider to both sites. Having a problem with the date on both. Looking over past posts, It was mentioned that the 7 rev K reverted back to 2005, sending the day of the week off. This appears to be the case with both of these systems. About once every other week, the date will jump back one day, never two or three, but the hours and minutes will stay correct. Normally this would not be a problem, just use the feature 101 to reset the date. But both these sites are logging calls through the SMDR port, which makes the reports a headache to sort out. Has any one come across a remedy for the problem. I see one post mentioned power failure. I tested the UPS at both sites, no problems found.

On another note, does any one know of a cheap or free call logger that works with the partners SMDR port. Right now just capturing to a Hypter Terminal session to sort out later in Access. Company just needs a basic way to sort out number of calls per shift.

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Sounds like you need to talk to the gray market outfit you purchased those ACSs from. They really should just replace the ACSs, they are defective. They give you a warranty?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
This has been and still is a serious problem with the R.7 ACS.
I have talked with Catalyst,Voda-one and Jenne tech-support and they say there is no problem that they know of and tell us to just have the customer reset the date/time.
It's ridiculous in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Purchased them from reputable Avaya dealer. Been using them for over 5 years. These were New in box processors, not refurbs or demos. Other than the date issue, systems have been rock solid.
Its just trying to deal with the bigger issue of missing SMDR information when the processor "eats" a day.

Right, they can deny it all they want, it still doesn't mean that they aren't defective. Replace them with R6s. If I were that customer I wouldn't stand for having to reset the date all the time.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Warranty? If so, get them returned, and plead for an R6 to replace it instead, and ask them to throw in a RAC, or BU card as well.

I service, but do not install the R7 unless as a subcontractor, and it also sometimes does not load up off the BU card after a power out properly as well if it loses its programming after the power out. Yes, I have seen the 7's lose programming at power out even with good batteries in them. They do in most cases allow the BU to be manually pushed to the system from on site.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,704 Shoretel
189,734 CTX100 install
187,911 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 109 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024