web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Before I left tonight. He has an ACS in a 5 slot carrier 2 206 modules to the right of the processor and a partner mail on the left of the processor. He claims that when one line rings (don’t matter witch one) that all the line keys light up flashing. The ringing ling is green and the others flash red. Total of 5 lines in the system 12 stations. I’ll be headed out there in the morning. Sounds to me like the processor may have been hit by a surge or maybe was subject to brown out conditions. This is a new customer so I’m not real sure what I’m walking into. Any thoughts?

You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The module arrangement seems a bit out of whack.
It should be as follows:

|206|206|processor|voicemail|empty|.

I'm assuming that that voicemail is either a Partner Mail VS or an Avaya Partner Messaging.

Can you confirm that the above arrangement is correct?

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I would default the system then place the cards as Paul (dexman) mentioned above and see if that helps.

If all is good, reprogram and your done. Maybe.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I think that you've lost programming. When a call comes in, all the voice mail ports go off hook at the same time, trying to answer the incoming call. One of them gets it, and all the others just get dial tone.

You'll need to determine your voice mail port extensions, and put the back into the hunt group (along with probably all the system's programming)

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Tommy is right, I had one fail just like that the other day, due to a bad "HOLD UP" Battery and a PROLONGED Power Outage.

Since it's an ACS, you may want to check the batteries.

Actually, if they are bad it will tell you.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
I don't think your customer knows his left from his right. I wouldn't count on anything a customer says, go there and confirm. Anything we tell you now is a shot in the dark.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Thanks for the input I'll check it today and see
whats going on.

OP Offline
Well he had the mods in the right slots. He just stated them backwards last night. I found that after testing every thing and getting down to pulling the ACS out of the carrier and just plugging in the processor via the power cord in the from the carrier with no 206 cards or vm just the ACS. When a call rings on line 1 all three lines ring and flash. I pulled all the co's out and just left line 1 in, when I picked up line 2 or 3 it had the same dial tone. As if the lines were no longer partitioned as line 1, 2, and 3. I pulled the processor and replaced it. I asked if they had experienced any power outages or if any PC's were acting up. They said no. Just to be on the safe side I installed a UPS with surge protection and CO surge protection. I brought the processor back to the shop and left it on the bench. Our Avaya tech is on vacation till Wednesday. All the programming seamed to be in order. I just mimicked the programming from the ACS in question to the replacement ACS and all is working fine. I don’t know how I could make that happen on a ACS out of the box. That’s why I think they may have taken a hit. Any ideas of something I may have over looked in programming? Thanks you for all your input.

Well he had the mods in the right slots. He just stated them backwards last night.

Do I call em' or what. :thumb:

I wouldn't worry too much about what happened to that ACS. They do go bad.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,898
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,008 Shoretel
190,192 CTX100 install
188,357 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 112 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024