web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#90632 07/15/08 02:06 AM
OP Offline
I would like to blow away all settings in a Parnter ACS R7 and for the life of me I can't seem to find how to do this.

Thanks,
Eric

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Just remove the batteries with the power off and you should lose all of your programming.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
OOPS that was supposed to be an e-mail! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
The R7 also backs itself up to internal NVRam. Remove the batteries and shutdown. Then power up and do a system default, then set your system time to 1:59 AM and wait a few minutes and let it do a backup to internal memory at 2:00 AM. Once the time is 2:02 AM change the time to the correct time and you are done. If you need the programming steps, post back.

Originally posted by SUPERTECH2000:
The R7 also backs itself up to internal NVRam. Remove the batteries and shutdown. Then power up and do a system default, then set your system time to 1:59 AM and wait a few minutes and let it do a backup to internal memory at 2:00 AM.
:scratch:

A) Why would you do a backup of a system that had just been reset to defaults.

B) Why not manually backup the system instead of manipulating the clock?

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
R7is a strange animal - the batteries really don't back up the memory, they just keep the "replace batteries with power on" from showing on the display.

When you power up an R7, it will look for a valid backup file on the PC card, and perhaps on the internal memory. If it finds one, it will do an automatic restore.

So, if you have a card with a valid backup file on it, you default it, cycle the power, you will find yourself back where you started before the default.

Oh, and you must default it, set it for automatic backup ON, set the clock to 1:59 on the 1st of the month, wait for 2:00 am to pass before the internal memory will be written with a blank slate.

Originally posted by Touch Tone Tommy:
R7is a strange animal - the batteries really don't back up the memory, they just keep the "replace batteries with power on" from showing on the display.

When you power up an R7, it will look for a valid backup file on the PC card, and perhaps on the internal memory. If it finds one, it will do an automatic restore.

So, if you have a card with a valid backup file on it, you default it, cycle the power, you will find yourself back where you started before the default.

:confused:

Wow! I'm gonna hafta to get my hands on an R7 and educate myself. I need an embarrassed Graemlin to show how I really feel.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Ruben, Toner), 179 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024