web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#90934 08/06/08 07:45 AM
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Had to install a new card and program from scratch. Doing OK with a manual but with the old VM, when selector code 0 was pressed it rang four phones. Now it only rings ext 100. How do I program the VM and or the Magix phone system to make the other phones ring too? Please keep in mind that I’m a novice with Avaya systems.

Thanks in advance.

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#90935 08/06/08 08:15 AM
The old VM was set to transfer to either a call group with those 4 phones as members or an extension/adjunct with cover buttons on the phones that rang.

#90936 08/06/08 08:17 AM
If you aren't familiar with programming a magix, the easiest (ugliest) way to make the other phones ring is to simply give them a cover button for ext 100.

Anything else would be a bit more complicated to find the way it was done before (assuming the old VM is dead.

#90937 08/06/08 09:04 AM
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies and yes the old VM is RIP and none of the phone system programming has changed so I would think that if there were cover buttons on the other phones then this wouldn't be a problem so I'm guessing that the old VM was set to transfer to a call group. Is setting up a call group in the phone system programming, the VM or both? Unfortunately the setup was done ages ago by a now defunct company and there have been no major problems since my company took over the account some years ago. I looked in vane for any documentation on site but there’s none to be found, other then the AA script and by asking the CC I was able to get the destinations of some the selector codes. I don't mind working on systems I have little knowledge about for I do have access to manuals. Sorry about rambling on a bit but just wanted give a picture of what I'm facing.

Tele-Net Technologies
#90938 08/06/08 09:33 AM
The calling group would be programmed via the phone system. Then the VM system would be set to "transfer to an extension" when 0 is pressed.

If you have a computer with WinSPM it's just a matter of doing a print out of the calling groups.

If you don't have WinSPM, you can find the same info via system programming on the programming phone under group calling members.

The other way would be to call each calling group number until it rang the 4 phones in question.
Odds are, it would be 770-779

#90939 08/06/08 09:48 AM
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. This is great info and I'll assume that since the calling group is in switch programming and none of that has changed then all I need to do is set selector code 0 to xfer to an extension after I find the calling group number. I'll let you know how I made out.

Again, thanks.

Tele-Net Technologies
#90940 08/06/08 12:56 PM
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
One little nugget you may be able to glean some info from is this;

If they BY CHANCE have a copy of their MOST RECENT AUTO ATTENDANT Greeting Document, that may help you figure out what they were doing back when.

Good Luck....

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
#90941 08/07/08 05:00 AM
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
ipofficeguy,
On site now and they have given me different information. I was told that when selector 0 was pressed the call rang 100 then 104 and then 112 and not all the phones at once as I was previously told. Is this some type of hunting or call forwording setup? As you suggested I tried dialing 770-779 and 770 is answered by the VM and when I dial 771-779 gives me a tone back that I can only describe as what sounds like camp on tone only judging what camp on tone sounds like in other phone systems.

merlinman,
They did have a written copy of the AA greeting and from that I got where most of the selector codes where pointed to but no info on what happened when selector code 0 was pressed,other then what I was told today. Exts 104 and 112 did have cover buttons for 100 so I changed selector code 0 to xfer to ext 100 and all three phones ring now when 0 is pressed. Not how it was setup originally but they can live with this. I would like to know how the calls rang 100 then 104 then 112 if it isn't that involved explaining the setup.

There is one more thing though. When selector code 6 was pressed it went to a script that gave their hours of operation, fax number and directions to the office from the various nearby highways and local streets.(customer has written directions that they give to a live caller so they can just use that) As far as I can determine from the manual the only options for a selector code to get to another script are the options to go to a submenu or an announcement. My question is what happens to the caller after this script is listened to if it goes to an announcement. Will they be returned back to the main AA or can I give them an option to return to the AA from a submenu which can be offered to the caller as part of the script?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Tele-Net Technologies
#90942 08/07/08 02:26 PM
From Announcement you can only have them dial *8 to be able to dial another Extension. From Submenu you can do direct dial any extension but Messaging don't give you a choice to come back to Main Greeting as far as I know. You may not go through Group Calling if that group is a Auto logout. In this case you have to be Log in as a member. I would suggest to go to Group Calling 771-779 one by one and take a look on the members if there any.

#90943 08/07/08 04:00 PM
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
*# from an announcement or submenu will bring you back to the previous menu.

*4 will replay the current menu.

If you create an auto attendant extension, you can have a selector code transfer to it, and thus "Press 9 to return to the main menu". However, you will hear "Transferring Call" after you press the selector code before the auto attendant starts again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024