web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
What is the best way to install a 2 line analog phone to a partner 206 module. My customer wants the ability to place lines on hold on system phones and pick them up on a 2 line cordless. I have the cordess in front of the swich at present but moh plays on cordless when it picks up a line placed on hold on the switch. I have spare ports on the switch if that would be the best option just not sure how that would work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You don't really want a two line cordless. Connect line one on the cordless to an extension port then read the Partner documentation on how to use "standard phones" with the system. I would suggest programming the extension for intercom first. Even so you are going to quickly see that call handling with single line phones is a real PITA.

I would suggest that since there are only two lines your customer consider the Avaya 3910 two line cordless that is made for the Partner system. It has all the features of (and works like) a desk phone including a hold button and line buttons.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess they will have to park the call and dial a pickup code. They are deadset on keeping the single line.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You only need a single line cordless. Not a 2-line.
Set the ALS for icom first as Hal said then use 68XX (XX being the line number Ex. 6801 would been line 1)

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I guess they will have to park the call and dial a pickup code. They are deadset on keeping the single line.

That's usually how they learn. Once they actually see what it is they either put up with it or toss it.

What's the attraction to that phone? Do they know that CID will not work behind the system as well as the hold button and other features?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I once had a customer that had a 2 line cordless in his home. He mostly liked the reception he got with it. I used Extension 26 on Line 1 and 27 on Line 2. I programmed 1 Extension to go Intercom first and turned off the ringer. The other extension I left at defaults. If they went off hook on 1 line, they would get the first free line. If they went off hook on the other they had Intercom first, which would allow them to dial to other extensions or use the line pickup feature previously described.

Spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
I connected the single line to ext 14 and set it to itcm first. Problem is they cannot dial line pickup code. Im not sure why but I am having trouble changing any programming. The switch is just a R4.1 206 module mounted on the wall. Also the only display phone they have is an 18D that I am trying to program with.

Problem is they cannot dial line pickup code.

I'm not sure that the "Baby Partner" R4.1 has that feature.

Im not sure why but I am having trouble changing any programming.

What are you trying to change?

-Hal

Spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to check and see if Line/Pool Access Restriction is enabled for that extension. When I put in the programming code it gives the error tones. I thought it might be because Im using an 18D phone. Im a little rusty on these partners.

am trying to check and see if Line/Pool Access Restriction is enabled...

That feature was but a glimmer in the eye of the engineers who were developing the Partner back then. What you have is the original Partner, albeit the last (R4.1) of the "Baby Partners" which were replaced by the Partner Plus and Partner II. Even those have been long discontinued.

I suggest that you get yourself a copy of the documentation for that 206 R4.1. It isn't very thick. It's still available on the Avaya site.

-Hal

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,565 Shoretel
189,438 CTX100 install
187,601 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024