web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#91743 10/30/08 01:23 AM
OP Offline
We have inherited 2 sites with Merlin legends and have had to learn how to program them on the fly, we work on partner all the time. I have to add an 012 card and a 408 card. Will they come up like it does on the partner or will I have to do a bunch of programming to get the ext's to match what is already there? Also can I install them hot or do I have to shut down everything?

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You need to shut the switch down to install the cards. As far as the extensions matching or being sequential that would depend on how it was set up. Their may also be some phantom extensions programmed on these slots. You need to start by doing a print out of the system setup and checking these slots out first.

Mike

If you have SPM, just do a system inventory and see what's already there. It *should* add them to the end of your extensions, but they will likely be set up just as adjuncts. You'll need to renumber them prior to use. Remember that this *usually* part I threw in. Like Mike stated, it depends on how the system was set up.

"You'll find me ridin' West on the Southern trail, heading North into Wyoming."
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
If this is a Legend, you will need to do a board renumber. If this is a magix, it will see the card.

You will need to renumber the extensions to match your dialing plan.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 111 guests, and 376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024