web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have really been running fairly smooth for a while. But with the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, we need to make a change to our system to allow some different features. We currently have callers enter a SALES hunt group. This hunt DOES NOT have voicemail enabled. Upon entering the sales hunt group, our standard music on hold (external source) plays our company jingle while the user is waiting. However, Thurs and Fri, we will have a very limited staff. We would like the callers to be able to "Press 5" to be forwarded to the Sales voicemail. We run a VoiceMail Pro server, but I do not know how to modify the voicemail to allow a user to enter a keystroke once they have made it to the external Music on Hold. Your help is very much appreciated

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
We would like the callers to be able to "Press 5" to be forwarded to the Sales voicemail.
For that to happen, you must be at a menu action or something similar. How are the calls coming in currently? Are you using a "Queue" for this group, and want to give the caller an option for vociemail????

Voicemail Pro is very robust and has ways to set up "Holiday" greetings. If you are not familiar with programming it, call someone who has the experience.

Too many ways to do it. Follow Supertech2000's advice.

OP Offline
Mongo..
Correct. We have calls come in, we check for several conditions (including work hours, etc). We then forward the calls to specific Hunt Group Queues depending on the number the customer dialed. But once the customer selects "1" to place an order, they are transferred to the Hunt Group SALES and from the way I can see we do not allow key input at that time. Our MoH is from an external source and we can add WAV files that further explain the long hold time. But we would like the caller to CHOOSE whether they want to go to voicemail or continue to hold for 30 minutes. I know how to force them to voicemail after xx minutes. But what if they want to continue holding, want to go to voicemail, etc... This is where I am lost. Our Avaya partner always reads the HELP files for answers to the VMPro software. I can read help files and not get charged $125.00 per hour. But I am afraid reading does not equate to understanding. But I don't think our partner "understands" either...they just experiment

Our Avaya partner always reads the HELP files for answers to the VMPro software. I can read help files and not get charged $125.00 per hour. But I am afraid reading does not equate to understanding. But I don't think our partner "understands" either...they just experiment.

I hear you. Unfortunately all BPs are not created alike. I would be in the same boat and that's why I do not sell the IPO. There is only so much understanding to be had from reading and training. The real knowledge comes from years of experience with a product. It would not be fair of me to make the customer pay for my "on the job training".

That said I think you would do well to find another BP who has more experience with the IPO.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Does the queue tell the customer that they are still on hold and to please wait?

If you are familiar with VM Pro, you will need to insert a menu action in the "still Queued" action flow under that groups name.

In that menu action make it have 2 options, timeout and "5". Timeout will go on to a generic "next" action to keep the caller in the queue. The "5" will g to another action of "leave Mail" in that action, the "specific" should be the mailbox of your group.

You then need to record a greeting in the menu action to tell the callers what to do

IF YOU DIDN"T UNDERSTAND what I just said, call someone in. If that voicemail pc has internet, I could even do it remotely.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024