web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am the systems administrator for my company so networking, servers, etc is my specialty. I was recently given the phone system as well which Ive only had limited experience with.

We are using a Merlin Lucent Legend 511A phone system.

I was given a task to block outbound calls to any phone number with area code 809, 284 and 876 which are popular scam numbers generating from the dom rep, jamacia, and the british isles which trick people into calling them and getting huge charges added to their phone bills.

First I did some research and found that I need to set up a restriction table that prevents lines from calling any number with those area codes.

Here is the problem, Ive never accessed the phone system, let alone make changes to it.

Hopefully my request is not too vague or too "begineer".
I appreciate any of your time in helping familiarize me with the phone system.

I have 8 other phone systems to do this same process to at other branches.

I figured, that once I was able to set this up on one phone system, it would be relatively the same concept to set up on the other phone systems or at least easy to figure out once I did it on one system.

My other phone systems are:
1 Merlin Lucent Legend R3 system
1 Panasonic KX-TD1232 system
6 Nortel Norstar NT7B53FA-93 systems

Thanks again for any assistance that you can provide.

-Richard

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

you need to put those number into the Disallowed list for the legend

tables
disallowed lst

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
After adding those area codes to one of the Disallow Lists, you then assign the list to the extensions.

You can go to Avaya's website, click on "Support" and find the Feature Guide for the Legend. It contains lots of information about the system.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Originally posted by dexman:
After adding those area codes to one of the Disallow Lists, you then assign the list to the extensions.

You can go to Avaya's website, click on "Support" and find the Feature Guide for the Legend. It contains lots of information about the system.
Thanks, this will help. Looking for Lucent Legend 511A returns almost no helpful information except basic user guides.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I should be good from here, I'll let you know if I run into any problems or have more questions.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,807 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, BobRobert), 156 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024