web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
SSRat Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello -

Merlin Magix v4.x w/6 port Merlin Messaging 4.0
2 incoming hunt groups - one to each AA, each has dedicated operator phone.

Currently our two auto attendants when receiving a call, will ring four times before going to the day menu. I have been asked to see if it is possible to reduce the number of rings before going to the day menu add an option to bypass the menu and ring the associated operator phone if 0 is pressed and then ring 4 times before going to either a general mailbox or back to the day menu after 4 or 6 rings. Currently 0 will forward to the general VM associated with that AA.

Is this something that is easily accomplished?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Assign the lines to the Voice Mail calling group (770?) for immediate answer. Be sure to assign the lines to the individual auto attendants, option 6 in each AA.

Make the 0-out of the AA go to the appropiate operator extension, put the operator's extension in the voice mail coverage group, and make a mailbox for the operator extension. Unanswered calls to that extension will end up in that extension's mailbox (not the general mailbox), unless you use the "phantom mailbox" option to send them there.

Or, you could assign the appropiate auto attendant to each operator, and 0-out calls would ring the operator, and then go back to the AA.

To reduce number of rings in Day mode you have to go to Overflow options in Group Calling and put the Number of seconds the phone has to ring before AA kicks in (1 ring = 4 seconds). You need to know Calling Group number that Overflows by AA. Also you need assign appropriate Line numbers to ring to that Overflow CG in order to go to the right Greetings.
If you assign Operator's extensions as a AA1 & 2 you have to set a phone status to Yes and put them into the Group Cover(30)otherwise your call will go back to Greeting right away without ringing. I forgot to mention that Overflow CG has to be set up as AA1$2 as well. Good luck.

J&J Offline
Hello,

I am new to this so...
I have a Legend 6.0 v11.0 that will not lit mw lamps. does anyone know why?

What kind of telephones are you talking about? Multiline Digital, Legend Analog or Single line?
How many ports VM? What slot is it install in? Does every port answers by dialing its number? Do you have additional port assigned into CG 770 besides those that has to be in?

J&J - welcome

It's always best to start a new thread if your question doesn't dovetail into the current question. (use the [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] button)

Be that as it may, it could be that your voice mail needs its ports programmed for "rotary enable", or that the mailboxes were created with the status of "no phone".

If you will start that new thread, tell us what voice mail system you are using along with your Legend phone system, I'm sure you will get good advice!!

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
TOMMY, YES, this deserves it's own thread.

However, the issue is a MERLIN MESSAGING can not be used with a LEGEND R6.0.

I know from whence he commeth because I am a total mind reader.

I have found that talent very handy when dealing with techs and clients.

(And if you believe that.................)

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
J&J Offline
Thanks for the responese about that Merlin messageing stuff.

SSRat Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tommy & Vad,

It turns out that the way the system was configured, it was easiest to simply program a Selector code transfer using 9 and simply keeping the system on Night Service.

This enabled us to do more or less what we needed and the receptionists can enable or disable whenever they are available to answer the phones.

Works great!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024