Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello,

I have a Partner R7 system installed at my residence. The 18-D Euro phone in the Den is a favorite target for my 3-year old daughter, who likes to take it off-hook and dial random numbers (911 is one of her favorites!). For several months, I just removed it from the room, but it is now really inconvenient for us when we are watching TV and a call comes in, so I'm experimenting with ways to restrict her access to outside lines, while allowing us to retrieve incoming calls. I now have it set up with access to all 3 phone lines, but the Line Access Restriction set to "Incoming Access Only". This works, but I'd like to be able to make a call as well, which I cannot do from this extension as long as the restriction is active. I recently tried to use the Line Assignment to remove all lines from the extension, which still allows me to dial 901 or 6801 to place or answer call, BUT I do not have access to the Caller ID information when I answer a call in this manner.

Any ideas, or should I just leave it set up with the Incoming Access Only restriction and live with it?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Can you locate the telephone in a place (such as a high shelf) where she can't get at it?

I Love FEATURE 00
Have you tried STATION LOCK ? Its been years since i worked on Partner system, but if i recall it did
have a feature where you had to enter a four digit
code to access the station once this feature was implemented.In the mean time some one may shed more light on this feature whom knows more than i about
the Partner.

-TJ-
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Set a system password (#403). That password will be needed to dial out if Line access restriction (#302) is set to that phone.

I forget about the emergency list though, you might need to remove 911 from that, so that the emergency list will not over ride the restriction.......

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
lol, 3 posts in 2 minutes

Any way you cut it there is no way to deactivate the intercom buttons short of pulling the line cord. Station Lock is the easiest to implement and use. Program a button on the phone for Feature 21. When you want to lock it press the button and enter a password twice. The button will illuminate indicating that the lock is on. To unlock, simply press the button and enter the password.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'll try each of them and see how it works.

OP Offline
I have set a System Password and Line Access Restriction to "Incoming Calls Only" on the TV room's extension, #22. When I select a line, the Speaker LED lights but the line LED does not. I enter the password, but nothing happens. I've tried putting the PW in before I come off-hook with the same result. Is this because I have set the LA restricion to "Incoming Calls Only", or do I need to set up something else?

Before going off hook press (hold) then enter your password. Now select a line.

By the time you get this figured out your kid will be in college...

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hsl, you're probably right! She's been turning on the TV since she was barely 2, and started pressing random buttons on the phone at about the same time. Right after she turned 3, she removed a DVD from its case, opened the DVD drawer, put it in and closed it. The only thing she didn't do was to put the TV on "video", or she'd have watched it without any help. We know she emulates what she sees us do, so we have to be careful what we show her! We've already clocked her at Zero-to-Mess in under 60 seconds!

I'll try this - Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,533 Shoretel
189,415 CTX100 install
187,593 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 149 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024