web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#92971 02/20/09 11:54 PM
OP Offline
I've got a problem with my laptop when i try to upgrade an IPO using the upgrdae wizard. It see's the IPO and recognizes there is an upgrade available but when i tick the box it hangs for a few seconds then reports the the upgrade had failed. I also noticed that when trying to recover an IPO that also fails. I can make contact with hyper terminal and put in the AT commands ok but when i reboot the system and open the tftp log it reports that bootp request has been recieved, then says sending but then nothing, it doesn't send the file. I have borrowed another laptop and this works fine so i know its not an issue with the IPO and i know it's not a password issue. Anybody any idea's on what could be causing this?

Incidentally I can connect to a working IPO and make programming changes the problem only occurs when trying to upgrade or recover units.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
oh, both my laptop and the one i borrowed are running windows xp professional

Moderator-Avaya
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya
What releases are you going from/to??

What control unit is it? 406? 406V1 or 406v2???

If it is a v1 and you are trying to upgrade to the newer releases 4.0, etc it will fail, as there is not enough memory for the newer releases....

The above was my first response, but then i saw the part of your post where you say it works with the other laptop. So you can upgrade the units with a different laptop???

Verify that your tftp server (Manager)is on (file>preferences, tick the box). Then make sure your working directory is correct....

OP Offline
thanks for your reply,

yes everything works fine from the borrowed laptop I've now tried this on 6 IPO's and i can't upgrade or downgrade any from mine yet i can all of them from the other laptop. I have checked and the enable bootp and tftp server is ticked. I've been through the rest of the preferences and they match the ones on the working laptop.

They are both using 6.2.11 manager.

Try to Disable firewall on yours.

Probably would be a good idea to download and run the avayafw.bat instead of turning off the firewall.
This batch file automatically detects what is installed - manger, vmpro, devlink, etc. - and creates allowed entries in the windows firewall settings.
I don't remember off hand which Technical Bulletin referenced it or where it might be located for download. If you cannot find it on support.avaya.com, I can email it to you.

Andy Ellis
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele

OP Offline
firewall is disabled, any other ideas?

NIN Offline
Working directory?
Other versions of Manager?

OP Offline
working directory is set ok and it does see the bin files, just won't transfer them. I had this problem on manager 6.2.4 which i upgraded to 6.2.11 then 6.2.14 and have the same problem. I left my laptop with Avaya UK for the last few days and they can't see what is causing this. Going to ask my IT dept to wipe the laptop completely and put it back to out of box state.

Thanks for attemting to help guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024