web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#93586 04/15/09 01:38 AM
OP Offline
customer has an ACS r3.0. They have an Avaya(believe manuf. by viking) and a viking controller connected to the Acs switch via line 4 port on the system. As far as I know it was working up to about 2 months ago and now when you push the button it makes a bdbdbdbd sound and the phones don't ring at all. They have a button on the phones that is labeled "door" and like I said up till about 2 months ago it worked fine. Any ideas?? Thanks Dave

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

If that is Avaya Door phone it has to be connected to station port and programmed as "Door". Controller has to be hook up to Contact closure on the ACS and has to be programmed accordingly. If this is Viking Door phone then it has to be connected to the Line port and that line has to be programmed to ring. So, press Feature button, dial 00 and press "Door" button to make sure it shows Line4 and its Green color.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Try connecting a corded single-line telephone to the port that the door phone is using. Lift the handset off of the cradle.

Any difference?

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Vad-- I believe it's a viking door phone branded avaya and the controller is definately a viking controller. I have it connected to the line port and the button on the phones does come up at line 4 in programming mode. It's only being used as a doorbell/ intercom and no door strike is attached to it.
Dex-- I assume by connecting a regulat analog phone to the door box itself is to see if I get a bell to ring on the inside phones to determine if the door box is actually working properly??

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
That's right.

If you hear the "ding-dong", then the door phone is bad. If you don't, then the problem could be programming related, suspect wiring or simply a bad port.

I Love FEATURE 00
The doorphone you have is what I call a "universal" doorphone since it can work with any loop start trunk port on any system. In your case line 4 is labeled "Door"?

The way to test is actually the reverse of what has been suggested. Connect the doorphone to any single line analog phone or buttset, press the button and see if the buttset or phone rings. I suspect that the ring generator in the controller has crapped out. Time to replace the whole thing.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hal as you can read from his post there is no door strike. Somebody labeled line 4 as a "DOOR".

Admin
Admin
Where did the door strike come from? Hal is suggesting checking the outbound ringing to the KSU from the door phone. No where did he mention a strike control.???????

[Linked Image]
smile I did mention it originally because that is what it sounded like. I edited after reading the OP again.

Vad is quick on the draw.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Admin
Admin
Evidently like my stimulus check I was late to arrive.. :shhh: laugh

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 103 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024