Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#93948 05/23/09 10:49 AM
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
Customer currently has an Avaya Partner rel. 7.0 with Messenging VM rel. 7.0. He's going to Europe for a while and wants his customers to be able to call his main business telephone number and it will be routed to wherever he is, preferably at no (or low) cost.

Is there any way to do this through VOIP for free toll free calls?
I have two possible solutions in mind, but the details need be worked out. If you have a better method, please let me know. Here's what I am considering-

1. Customer calls main number (415) 555-1111 and customer presses his extension 23. The call is routed to ext 23 where it rolls to voicemail which outcalls via to:
a local analog line (415) 555-2222 which is connected to an ATA. Customer has ATA with him and has European local dial tone. In Europe, the call now is received by a second matching ATA and converted back to an analog to his portable analog telephone.

b. a cell phone (is Centrex needed? also, can I get live calls transferred to his cell or only a notification (message) that a message has been sent?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's an addendum to my last post;

I have read that in some places in Europe, PTP ATA's are blocked. If so, I am thinking of using broadband. Customer would make arrangements for a DSL in Europe and use a proprietary box if necessary- Vonage, etc. I haven't researched the international calls for these yet, though. If PTP's are blocked, there might be other blockages.

My 2 Cents here...buy a Vosky box..Set your client up with Skype and and find out what the GSM telephone number is ..Setup call forward with the GSM telephone number..It's Not that hard
See what others Suggest ..

Why don't you simply use the Unified Messaging feature of PVM and forget outcalling (or direct contact) altogether? Many hotels both here and abroad offer an internet connection at little or no charge. Depending on where the contact is traveling, direct contact may not make sense if the time zone is skewed too far from ours. This strikes me as the most straightforward way to handle this.

It's the same method I used when I was in Europe...the only difference was that I accomplished it with a DuVoice (only because I had to forward two cell phones to a house phone, which was THEN covered by a PC-based VM product.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
You bring up a good point about the time difference. Since he will be in France, but I don't know where, that would mean his 8am calls would be at 3-4pm for him. That still gives him the ability for live calls from his business, taking them roughly between 4pm and midnight, France time.

I don't know all the details of UM, but if I understand you right, than that would eliminate live calls. Is that correct? If not, please explain.
Thanks!

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yeah, the UM of the Partner Messaging would drop him a e-mail with a copy of the voice mails in the form of a wav. file attachment.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
If you are talking about outcalling, all that's going to do is call the guy in France and tell him he has a message in the mailbox. No live calls.

If you are really talking about remote call forwarding with the Partner, that would be a live call but the quality would be very poor.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Vosky would be the way to go.

hmc Offline
Why not just forward his extension to his GSM AT&T cell phone, cost is $.99 a minute roaming in Europe. If it's late it will go to his cell phone voice mail. You did say the guy was loaded, right?

The more loaded they are the cheaper they are.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,490 CTX100 install
187,699 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024