Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer who has a R7 ACS with a PC VM type L card. He has a Partner Mail VS rel 5 module that he wants to use instead of the PC card. Looking at the docs on Avaya's support web, the module can be installed in the ACS. They have a 5 slot carrier and slot 5 is free. My question is, there's no PC card for the Partner Mail module so does that mean that there won't be any ports to answer calls?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yes, you will need a port license card to go with the Partner Mail VS R.5.
And if the customer is going to use DND on the phones, you may want to flash the PMVS with a patch to use with the ACS R.7.
If they don't use DND, then no need to flash it.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Michael. Wasn't sure if no PC card, no ports. Don't know about them using DND though, but will find out.

Tele-Net Technologies
The Partner Mail should be set at 2 ports and 10 mailboxes at a minimum but I have heard of problems occurring between the Partner Mails and ACS version 7 from a sales person.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Your welcome.
Now PMVS R.1,R.3 and 4 came with 2-port built in. No need for the PC card. But PMVS R.5 needs a PC card to have any ports.

www.regal-comm.com
I couldn't figure out why I didn't see any response's before I started typing and then mdaniel wrote up a great response and it still was at 7:53 because it's close to 10:00am. Time changes can mess a person up.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Larry, you need to go into your profile and adjust your time.
If your on EST, I think you run your time up 3 hours. The board runs on PST.

www.regal-comm.com
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Bringing this to the forefront with additional questions.

It looks like adding the Partner Mail VS module is going to happen. So, since they already have a VM PC card in the processor how would I go about substituting the PM VS for the PC card? Is it as simple as powering down the ACS, slotting the PM VS and taking out the PC card from the processor and then powering up? My concern is that the ACS will not come up without the PC card in the processor.

Another thing is that the customer has a PC card with the Avaya part number 515A1700262454 and claims he was told it’s the correct PC card for the PM VS. Can anyone confirm that for me? I went on Avaya’s support web and although I see this part number in one of their docs, along with many others, It’s not clear to me if it’s for the PM VS or some other VM.

Again, thanks in advance.

Tele-Net Technologies
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
When you change from the PC card mail to the PMVS you will need to reassign your VM ports.

And the lic. card for the PMVS R.5 will say on the side of it something to the effect:
Partner Mail VS
2 or 4 port card.

www.regal-comm.com
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you once again Mike.
I know about reassigning the VM ports from the PM VS install manual.I'm going to assume that since you didn't say otherwise, that what I wrote above is correct as far as powering down, inserting the PM VS, removing the PC card and powering up?

I did call the customer the day he left me the message about the card he had and told him exactly what you wrote about what should be written on the side of the card. Haven't heard back yet but I'm going there tomorrow to install a new Bogen paging amp and will check the card for myself.

Tele-Net Technologies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,967 CTX100 install
187,202 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Robbks, jeffmoss26), 112 guests, and 167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024