Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by dexman:
If the "we are unable to complete your call at this time" recording plays right before the menu, is it possible that those words somehow became part of the greeting?
I got to ask...........how could that happen? :confused:

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I'm not sure really. It was just a thought. frown

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by Touch Tone Tommy:
Ah, so when you took it apart to replace the power supply, you also wiped out the programming.

If you're lucky, you have a valid backup on your memory card.
Do you have a backup? If you took the thing apart with out making sure...LOL sorry, dont mean to laugh, but that sounds like something a CG would do......

OP Offline
Well if you come to the office to find the whole thing completely dead (thus the burned out power supply board, which was discovered only after taking it apart) you cant exactly make sure you have a valid back up can you? Actually at that point you're really just crossing your fingers and hoping that the new power supply you just threw money at will get the thing back to life and the processor was not danged.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
#123 is your friend

Well if you come to the office to find the whole thing completely dead (thus the burned out power supply board, which was discovered only after taking it apart) you cant exactly make sure you have a valid back up can you? Actually at that point you're really just crossing your fingers and hoping that the new power supply you just threw money at will get the thing back to life and the processor was not damaged.

Hate to sound like a broken record but that is why you don't buy off ebay and instead have a relationship with a local Avaya dealer. How long were you without your phones while you screwed around finding, waiting for and replacing that power supply hmmm? Guess your business isn't that important to you.

does this mean that I now have to spend the next few days reading through the 500 page book and try to program this thing as i pull the remaining few hairs out of my head?

Your choice.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Let me sound like a broken CD...why would you support a phone system without a backup memory
card, spare cards and full documentation of the
system programming??????
Better yet...have a test bench to test the cards
after you first get them, saves time and grief.
If you know what to look for, for the cost of
what you can get spare parts on ebay for....In
the opinion of this tech...is worth it.......
You have never had a defective part arrive from
a AVAYA dealer....

You have never had a defective part arrive from
a AVAYA dealer...

True because I test everything before it goes out the door and I do not sell anything without installation. This is not a DIY project. So if you buy from me you know everything is going to work when I leave. And if anything happens you know who to call. That protects Avaya's and my reputation.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
/ok so its ext 78 and 79 that need to go into hunt group 7...that cleared everything?

/now when you call in from outside all phones ring...nothing picks up?

You forget about #506 # #206 command.

The recording "we are unable to complete your call at this time" sounds like it is a message coming back from telco and not your equipment. One way to determine this is to safely power down the cable vision box and place a test call. If you get the same recording then you know its not coming from your equipment. The other thing I would suspect is programming like mentioned above that maybe it got wiped away. I think going forward investing in a UPS system is a good idea. I wish you luck. Been there before...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,541 CTX100 install
187,787 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, Yoda), 124 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024