web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
The customer has a 5 slot carrier with a ACS 7.0.
In slot 1 is a 308 module, then a messaging module7.0 in slot 2. I added a second 308 module into slot 2 and 4. The messaging module won't come up. The status light stays yellow. I put the messaging card back to the 2nd slot and the 308 into slot 4 and powered up the carrier. The messaging now works but the 2nd 308 is dead. I replaced the 308 and the 5 slot carrier. Still the same problem. :bang: Thanks for any help!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Message module has to go in the last available slot to keep the extension numbers in order. Have you reprogramed the VMS hunt group extensions and transfer return extensions? The yellow status light stays on but does the red status light come on?

You don't have to have the VMS ports programmed for the VM to come up. Sounds like one of your new 308s has a problem.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
When I added the 308 to the 2nd slot and the VMS to the 4th slot both 308 cards worked but VMS wouldn't work. This is really odd. I'm at a lost :bang: ! I already returned the new 308 once and they sent me another. The same problem. The only thing to replace is the old 308 or the processor card.

Then it's gotta be one or the other.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
You replaced the carrier. From what I understand you havent gotten either of the cards to work in slot 4. Do you have another card of any kind (200,400,308 anything other than the messaging card) to put in slot 4 to test the slot. I know this sounds strange but I had a system relocate and upgrade about a year ago with and older version (4 I believe it was) where I had to populate the whole system to get the messaging card to load.
I know you shouldnt have to do that but that was the only way I could get it to come up. It might be worth a try.

If you had to do that you had a bad mod or probably the processor. Partner can get real finicky at times especially if it's old or you use refurb or gray market. The system may work fine until you start changing things around.

I would configure your system as needed (308, 308, ACS, PM) then replace the ACS and the old 308 one at a time (then maybe both at once) to see what makes the problem go away.

-Hal

OP Offline
I have a spare ACS 7.0 that I will try. I don't have a 308 but I have a 400 that I will try. I will try this on SAturday and let you guys know the outcome.

Just a corection. Tommy says that you do have to have the VM ports programmed for the messaging system to come up and I of course respect his knowledge. I've never noticed it but maybe that's because I have the ports programmed before the messaging system finishes booting.

So at any rate, keep in mind to program your ports for wherever you put the messaging system before you say there is a problem. This isn't going to help the problem with the 308 mod though but it is something to keep in mind.

-Hal

OP Offline
I tried installing the 400 line card into the final slot. Both cards in the in slot 4 & 5 wouldn't come up. Replaced the main processor card. I had a 308 in slot 1&2 and the partner messaging card in slot 4. All cards came up. It didn't matter that v-mail port weren't programmed. I reprogrammed the phone system and all is good. The faulty processor board smelled like burned plastic! Thanks for the help! :banana:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024