Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Originally posted by hbiss:
Arrrgh! It's connected right. Didn't we warn you about having stuff repaired in your first topic on this problem?

This is what you get for wanting cheap and doing things yourself. Get with a dealer in your area and get it done right. That is unless your business doesn't need phones.

-Hal
A little angry (and insulting) today, aren't we? Don't think I'd want to deal with you in a business situation.

I'm in business too, Hal, and everything doesn't always require having others do it. It's not about cheap, and I like to do some things myself, when I can. I originally set my Partner system up years ago, and it has run reliably right up to now. Because I don't do this on a daily basis, I don't remember exactly how I programmed it, but I will take the time to figure it out, with, perhaps, some help from the others here that seem to be a little nicer about this than you are.

Try to have a better day. smile

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
If you changed everything, then the repair may be faulty. Is this the same problem you sent to be repaired?

OP Offline
The original problem was no power, which was fixed. It appears to be the configuration of the PFT1 port, or the unit may be broken. I need to know what settings affect that port as I am using it for line #1.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
The PFT1 and PFT2 stand for "Power Failure Transfer"
So when the power on your control unit is dead the system automatically transfers line 1 to ext 10 and line 2 to ext 11 with use of a plain ole analog telephone.

Sounds like you just got a bad refurb job. If the lines are OK before the system.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
It does sound like that....let me see if I can move line 1 to a different line port and reprogram things, thanks.

Your strength and attitude is admirable, Jacques. Please keep coming back.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
Originally posted by dagwoodsystems:
Your strength and attitude is admirable, Jacques. Please keep coming back.
I have a large amount of patience with fixing computers and stuff like this, thanks for the kind words!

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Just a word of advise. Sometimes you spend more of your time, effort and money on something that a professional could handle with little effort and probably not much cost.
Of course this also depends on the value you put on your time. If you have alot of free time and calls to your business are not that improtant then do it on your own. But if your time and effort could better be spent doing other things then perhaps this could have been solved much quicker.

This one needed a professional. Hope it's okay now though. :shrug:

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,864
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,608 CTX100 install
187,860 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (jmdavis), 130 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024