Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
trish Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone give me the procedure to get voice mails on one box from an internal phone? It is the Embedded voice mail on IP office 4.0. Thanks cool

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele

trish Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Tommy, Thank you, I have this user guide, but I only have seen how to access your own mailbox. One employee wants to be able to access another employee mail box from his phone. Is that possible to do simply as on other phnes systems, i.e. Nortel MICS, etc.?

"Your system administrator can also configure other methods of access including access to your mailbox from other
phones and access to hunt group mailboxes."
Have you system administrator make a new "short code" such as this:

*55 ? vmcollect

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
The default voicemail code is *17

The only way you will be able to access the voicemails remotely, would be if the tech who installed it, set it up. I use * from the main menu. But the tech could have done anything.

Also, the only way you will be able to access your mailbox remotely is if you have set up a password. No password, no remote access.

trish Offline OP
OP Offline
We are the vendor. Have set up a password. Have created a "short code" but we are missing a step(s) evidently, because it is not working. Can someone give us A to Z steps to get this done? We have spoken to several tech support people, including one from Avaya and they don't seem to know. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Make sure there is a *17, short code, or any short code for voicemail collect

Put that code in the AA menu somewhere. (generally, I use *, set as a blind transfer to *17)

Thats it. If you make a short code to go to the AA, then internal people could transfer you to there, if they answer the call.

Again, there must be a password set, or you will get a recording saying you dont have access to remote.

Once you rich an AA you have to dial 1 follow ext.# and password. You can't dial any short code without 1 first.

What release software are you using? Certain releases have issues with embedded voice mail and checking remotely.

trish Offline OP
OP Offline
We are using 5.1 software. It is a new system, but the vendor didn't send us the latest release.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,638 Shoretel
189,522 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024