web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer that has a shop that has many analog devices (atm, cc machines, etc...). Most of which dial out(modem)and some that are called into (modem). My thought was to use a R6 308 with an asa/dxd card to make the ACS act as a call concentrator. I am wondering if I would even need to use the asa portion. My thought is to set up dxd for immediate so that the modem calling in can pause - dial extension number - and hopefully connect. Anyone else tried to do this with an ACS? We used to do this with the Legend on T1s on much larger applications. Any thoughts or suggestions please? Thanks in advance!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

My biggest concern is that a Partner (or most any key system) with analog trunks will slow the modem max connect speed by a noticeable amount. Not so much an issue when using digital (T1)trunks. If phone lines are very clean, you'll connect at 9600 baud max. The DXD aspect of this should work fine.
Good luck!
Mike

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
You might be just as well off with a line share device ..... at least one line per line share device can be passed to one of the analog devices.

OP Offline
Thanks for the input. I set DXD for immediate pickup and the dialing computer dial ext number at off hook. works like a charm.

Yes it works (as you allready know), did allmost the exact same thing 8 years ago with a vodavi system with analog adapters. Didnt work! Ate a big slice of hummble pie and then installed a partner ACS and bingo, customer for life!

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
OP Offline
Yep...I know all about Humble Pie, best served cold lol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,847
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,553 CTX100 install
187,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (SSPhone, MooreTel, Yoda), 144 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024