web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm helping out a friend who bought a building for his business. The previous owner left a One-X Quick Edition system consisting of 6 4621SW phones and a G11 PSTN gateway. I reset everything to factory defaults, set up a new site and everything comes up and functions nicely. The G11 gateway, however, only stays on line for a short period of time, sometimes and hour or sometimes a minute. I've tried resetting, reloading and rebooting multiple times, but it will not stabilize. I'd like to reflash or upgrade the gateway, but although Avaya still has firmware available for the Quick Edition system, the packages don't seem to contain code for the G11 gateway. Anyone have any ideas of a direction that I could try?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
The direction I would give????
Repurpose the phones to be used for IP Office, and buy the hardware for an IP Office.
One-X is discontinued, and was not very popular, so it will be very good luck if you can even find someone to help.

Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree that that would be the best direction to go, but my friend is just starting out and being able to make the QE work would be some expense saved at a time where every little bit helps. There's got to be some QE systems in use out there. Heck, the former building owner was using it until he moved out. I really hate to give up on it as it seems to work well until whatever it is knocks it off line.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yes, logically that sounds good, BUT, You cant even get an upgrade file for the phones or gateway. So, telling you to upgrade is about all I could recommend. But with no software, they are paperweights. Call the old company's vendor in, if they will even service it.

Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
Got a quote to upgrade the system to an IP Office 500 system and I've got a couple of questions.

First, what's the difference between the IP500 and IP500 V2? Why go with one over the other?

Next, we're being told that we need to add VCM licensing to use the 4621SW phones. Is this correct?

Next, they are quoting a VCM 10 combo card AND an MC VCM 32 module. Doesn't the VCM 10 offer the VCM for up to 4 of the old phones? If we only use a maximum of 4 phones, do we need the VCM 32 as well?

Thanks for the help.

If your cheap friend only needs 4 phones, why not go to a big box store and buy a wireless, cordless, 4-line, 4-phone system for $169.99?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Stavros Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you, Mr. Cassidy, for that pertinent, helpful and worthwhile post. Your level of expertise and professionalism is duely noted.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,656 Shoretel
189,549 CTX100 install
187,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024