web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
baytel Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,
We have a Avaya Partner ACS system that is only a couple of years old. Ever since we've moved from old AT&T pots lines over to Comcast digital lines we have not been able to see the incoming caller ID. A call to Comcast tech support got us to the "its the PBX system on not our line" answer. When I do plug in a regular single line phone to the Comcast line I do get the caller ID. This is the reason they give us the excuse. The fact that caller ID shows on a regular phone "it must be the phone system." It's a blame game I assume. Let me know if anything can be done to the ACS before I call Comcast to cancel their phone service. I'm regretting moving over to them.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
calls being answered by AA or phone ?

I would try letting it ring without AA picking up or phone answering to start , then look at all the CID programing

Ive got at least one Comcast /ACS customer where CID works just fine

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
What release ACS?
You can do a feature 59 from any display phone and it will show the release.

But yeah, like skip said above, there isn't any programing in the ACS to stop CID other than a AA picking up the lines before the CID has a chance to make it to the ACS (in most places 1 ring, but have ran into a few areas that need two)

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
We've seen situations where the cable modem gateway didn't produce CID to Bellcore standards and PACS didn't display the CID properly. If worked for years with LEC, customer switched to Comcast, now it doesn't work and it's our fault! And there is not much you can do to fix it.
Mike

if it works on a SLT then I would think it ought to work on the ACS

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Comcast is big around here and I haven't had any problems with CID at all, as Skip said if it works on a single line instrument it should work on the ACS.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
baytel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for all of your insight. I suppose if it works for one side of the country it doesn't mean it will work for the other side. The Comcast rep mentioned to me that their phone line is an ETA?? thingamajiggy. Tech jargon to me. And that their digital line is not like a VOIP line. When I add a VOIP (Net2phone) line to the phone system is caller ID does shows up. Agan this leads me to believe the issue is with Comcast lines. Comcast tells me their is nothing they can do on their end to solve my issue.
I had the staff called Comcast again today and lo and behold the problem got resolved. Comcast mentioned that something needed to be turned on. So yet again the issue is on Comcast's end.
Thank you again for all of your input.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
How many lines do you have? Is your issue with a line that is outside the ACS? say on a 206 module that doesn't have the caller ID feature? Have you checked the line polarity too? Just a thought.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I had the staff called Comcast again today and lo and behold the problem got resolved. Comcast mentioned that something needed to be turned on. So yet again the issue is on Comcast's end.
LOL! Yeah Comcast just needed to turn on CID for those lines on their end...........

Glad you got it resolved. :thumb:

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Yeah Comcast just needed to turn on CID for those lines on their end.

No, I don't think so. Why would it work with a single line phone if it was not enabled? I have run into this same problem with a Partner system not displaying CID when supplied by a cable modem. Unfortunately it never went anywhere because the customer didn't want to persue it. I would have had the cable company swap out the modem then I would swap out the processor to see what happens. But now you have me courious-

...the problem got resolved. Comcast mentioned that something needed to be turned on.

WHAT NEEDED TO BE TURNED ON??????????

You couldn't be bothered to call them back to find out so you wouldn't have to go through this BS the next time? :sleep:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 13
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 106 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024