web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Actually, if you think about the way their circular hunting works and then the forward/no answer feature that forwards an inbound call to the next line after the 5th ring, ACD really starts to make sense. It's like they intended their service to be used with a bunch of single line phones, each on it's own CO line. Each line can also have it's own VM.

Thing is nobody does that, every business has at least some kind of key system or PBX, or at least multi-line phones. So those features are pretty useless.

Perhaps Cablevision can't offer circular hunting and puts a spin on what they can do.

I don't think that's the case at all. I don't know what switch they are using (Cisco?) but I'll almost guarantee you that it can be programmed to provide any common feature. Problem is the people in charge have no clue so they offer what makes sense in their minds.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by hbiss:
I just looked at Cablevision's hunting and there is a circular option. They describe it as:

Circular: This option varies the starting point for the hunt group and allows for an even distribution of calls within the group. Calls will be routed to the first idle line starting with the line directly after the line of which the last call was completed. The hunt will then follow the sequence as indicated in the Hunt Sequence.

What the hell does "calls will be routed to the first idle line starting with the line directly after the line of which the last call was completed" mean? Sounds more like ACD to me.

-Hal
That is exactly what circular hunting is... incoming calls start with the next line/extension after the line on which the last call was completed... the term "idle" in the description simply means it would go to the next line if the one immediately after the line used for the last call was busy.

ACD goes to the longest idle "agent" .... so the calls could go to any of the lines in the group regardless of which line was used for the last call ... it would just depend on which one had been idle the longest.

Regardless of the terminology the way they are handling the calls is ridiculous... and i agree their switch has the capability to hunt "normally" ... they just don't have people on staff who know how to program it!

baytel Offline OP
OP Offline
I found another phone system that is not compatible with Comcast caller ID! Bizfon. Yes well that's not a real phone system, hahaha. Yes Comcast's XMPP explanation to me doesn't jive. The Comcast rep was pretty certain that he knew the technology better than any veteran phone installer. Ha that's a joke.
I don't know much but I do know not question what has always worked in the past. Then a new guy comes into town with a new technology and expects everyone to dance the same tune.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I ran into a similar problem years ago on a OnyxVS
CID was a expensive add on and I couldn't get it to work , worked fine on a CID box or SLT back and forth and finally Nitsuko agreed they had designed it too close to the spec and it didn't allow for minor variations .

if the signal works with a Meg-lo-mart CID box or SLT and not on the phone switch I have to say its something the manufacturers should be addressing

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Comcast provides 48 ma to the household on a loop current that is very hot.

COMCAST needs to provide 23ma AS an AVERAGE FOR KSU. KEY SERVICE UNITS.

ALL WHAT IS NEEDED-- A COMCAST MODEM IS HOT AND CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH ELECTRONIC KEY SYSTEMS.

The old phone guy
I had a big fight with Comcast.

I won and they fixed it.

Customer complained to me and Comcast.

EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL THEY SWITCHED TO COMCAST.

FINALLY THEY HAD THE RIGHT GUY.

WE CAN SWITCH the loop to 23MA.

I said please do it.

The problem went away.

The old phone guy
Miss conceptions.

Verizon can do call call forward busy on a residential line. Comcast can't unless you dial a code on each and every call.

The old phone guy
Originally posted by Dr Don:
Comcast provides 48 ma to the household on a loop current that is very hot.

COMCAST needs to provide 23ma AS an AVERAGE FOR KSU. KEY SERVICE UNITS.

ALL WHAT IS NEEDED-- A COMCAST MODEM IS HOT AND CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH ELECTRONIC KEY SYSTEMS.
I believe 48 ma is within the specs , they can go up as high as 120MA

I would have slapped a regulator on it , and been done .

Its nice they fixed it but what happens when the current goes back up next week ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
There are two setting programed two the Box by Comcast.

Default is 48 and 23 is just fine.

The CC box on the wall is the CO.

Go to Mike Sandman and read about High loop current issues.

The old phone guy
We had a similar experience, but with an ACS and AT&T. The customer didnt change lines or anything and all of a sudden CID stopped coming in. They called AT&T the tech came out and showed them it worked on a CID box. I came out and said I hear the tones but it should display. So I happened to have an IPO 500 that was going to be installed at another customer, I plugged it into a line and watched System Status and the call came in with a + in front of the number. I told them AT&T changed how the number came in. They called AT&T and told them, the tech then came out again and showed them how a brand new CID box worked. So I went out and bought an analog AT&T CID capable phone from Best Buy and tried it, and it didnt work lol. I left the phone there for the tech and a few days later the customer called and said the tech came back used that AT&T phone and it didnt work then after an hour or so it started working again.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,847
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,553 CTX100 install
187,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (MooreTel, Yoda), 152 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024