Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Folks,

My company has two locations in Fond du Lac, WI. Our Corporate office on Brooke street has a Definity G3si v11 with an Intuity voice mail. Also, we have a smaller location called our "Electronics Plant" which has a G3si v11 for approximately 60 users. These plants communicate via extensions and have a shared voicemail at Brooke Street where I am. We communicate over a voice point-to-point T-1. There is not other fiber between us.

My company has asked if we leased the building across the street from us to put 30 engineers in, what would it take. Is there a small Avaya Switch for less than 50 users? I would probably put in another point-to-point T-1 or Ethernet to connect us. I would like to be able to program that third location across the street from my building via ASA if possible.

Any suggestions?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
IP Office is the only SMB system Avaya sells now.

If you go with a P-T-P (and refurb'ed equipment is ok), the Magix would probably work.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
With your knowledge of Definity I would suggest a refurbed one. It's cheap enough. I even have some cards you could have real cheap.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Rhonda...sounds like your probably using DCS to tie the two switches together now...I would think about a small Prologix for the new location, cheap and would do the trick for you easy enough..refirb unit, couple TN 2224's and you got 48 digital stations who could ask for more... smile

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
I'm kind of inclined to agree with Hitech...stick with what you know. Besides, the Definity (refurbed, of course) should be pretty inexpensive. And, since you know that configuration works, as you already have a second location running sharing common VM, setup will be a lot less stressful.

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure which way we'll go but if...

Anyone here who could sell me a Merlin Magix or a Small Prologix and port boards, please connect with me via PM so I may get a quote from you.

Thank you all for your advice!
Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I sure you have heard this before,.... but why not run some copper between your G3 and the new location, if it is only across the street?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
If you can't do copper due to access restrictions, a microwave link with OPX extensions or tie lines into the new building may work.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by Mitel Tech:
If you can't do copper due to access restrictions, a microwave link with OPX extensions or tie lines into the new building may work.
Oh yeah good call.
A good PTP wireless and some IP phones?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
One more question,

Which would work the best, the Merlin Magix or a ProLogix? With a max of 50 users, I want to be able to program this location from my main building. If I set up a point to point T-1 for connection does one system do/compare better then the other?

Thanks, Rhonda

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,513 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024