web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Installing a merlin Magix expansion cabinet with a 16 port analog card. My laptop does not have a serial port for WinSPM or Site Administror so I am going to have to configure this from the station.

Is this a plug and play or do I have to reconfigure the system? The installation manual I have doesn't cover programming requirements only mounting for adding a second cabinet and it's circuit packs.

Also need to program six additional phones on this 16 port card.

Any direction is appreciated!

Glenn :shrug:

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
I forgot to mention that the system has a Merlin Messaging R2 card in slot 05. Does this have to moved?

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Been a while since i added to a magix / legend and i am sure some of the Avaya guys will confirm but you should be ok to add the 2nd cabinet and the 016 card in that cabinet, leave the voice mail (and eveything else) as is and then do a board renumber and you should be all set.

OP Offline
Thanks for the response Upstateny!

When I add the expansion carrier (with or without the 016 card) the system will not come up. Both carriers power up but the system never gives me an active display at the console to allow me to renumber. The lights on the messaging card don't light up either and thats what made me think I might need to move the Messaging card. Once the expansion carrier is removed the voicemial lights up and the extensions come up.

Thanks!
Glenn

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
how are you powering up the system. You need to power up the expansion cabinet first, then the main cabinet, a few seconds delay should do it. Do you have power to the expansion cabinet? is it seated all the way in? The Magix cabinets can be tricky.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
Thank you for your input Z-man!

Yes, I do have power to the expansion cabinet and I did power up the expansion cabinet first. I fooled with the board connector quite a bit also. I finally decided that it was completely seated when the top and bottom little standoffs on the outside of the cabinet were touching each other. I can't imagine what could possibily be defective with an expansion cabinet causing the processor in the main cabinet not to fully load, it's just a backplane board with bus connectors.

Going back in this morning to recheck everything. I'll start with reseating the expansion cabinet.

Still open to suggestions... shocked )
Glenn

Try to power up without 016 card. Is this 2 metal cabinets or upgraded to Magix plastic one? I hope that Expansion cabinet goes to the right of Main one?

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Vad60 makes a good point. Power up the expansion without the 016. I have seen dead cards kill an entire system.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
You will need to do a board re-number for the processor to recognise the card.

Mike in NH

M.Higgins
New Hampshire
When that's done plug an everyday phone in the botton port and call the intercom of a display set, it should show the 1st extension number.

Mike NH

M.Higgins
New Hampshire
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024