web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#99577 05/20/11 01:30 AM
OP Offline
We currently have an IPOffice 406 with VMPro. We have made the decision to start another company at this location. I will be aquiring a new 1800 number for inbound routing to a new queue. But I have several problems with how we keep the two companies completely separate in terms of the phone system and communications. We will want separate Music on Hold systems. Currently we have an external MOH device that loops an MP3 file. Can we have a second MOH device or service for the second company?
In addition, we will need a way to allow outbound calls from the 2nd company to show the 2nd company CID. How can this be performed? We currently have a PRI that all outbound calls come from the Primary company.
I appreciate any help you can provide

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
One thing additional... This new company is a "test market" company. We are not sure how well it will perform nor how long it will be around. So cost is a factor..

Thanks

Multiple MOH depends on IP Office software level. If your carrier allows, manipulating outbound caller ID is fairly easy - you simply need to decide what 'decision factor' to use - especially if staff members will be originating calls on behalf of both companies. How to implement will depend on that decision factor.

I highly recommend that you get your Avaya Business Partner involved in order to cover all aspects of the project.

Mike

OP Offline
I spoke with Logix (our provider) and they can manipulate the caller ID "fairly easily". What I think we may be able to do it dial 7 for outside line for Company 1, dial 8 for outside line for Company 2.

I am still awaiting a response from our Avaya partner on MOH.

Any additional insight?

With MOH, I would use THREE sources. First is generic, second for company A and third for company B.

Dialing 7 for company A and 8 for company B is easy to implement - again requires that your carrier play along.

Mike

OP Offline
This is perfect !! I did not know the IPO could have secondary and tertiary sources for MOH. Thank you very much for your assistance. I will post more if I have additional questions.

Thanks again Mike for your insight

*** The additional MOH sources require that IPO be on a minimum software version or higher - I THINK it was R5. Your BP has more incentive to look it up for you smile ***

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,814
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,380 Shoretel
189,085 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (RATHER BE FISHING, ffej010, justbill), 127 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024