web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#99779 06/17/11 04:11 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that has 11 POTS lines in the system. They want some of the lines to be used for outbound and some for inbound. I believe all the lines are in a hunt group from verizon.
I know how to assign the lines onto the phones, but how do I make them go to the AA if nobody answers? Basically the manager at this facility had a partner system at his old facility. He was transferred and now wants his merlin magix to act the same as the partner.
Currently all calls ring directly to the AA and callers are prompted from there.
Thanks,
Brian

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#99780 06/17/11 12:30 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
So he wants a live body to answer calls first, correct? First off, we need to know if they are ringing directly through to the AA because night mode is on or are they assigned in programming to automatically ring the AA. If the system is in night mode, just shut it off when needed. I suspect the lines are automatically assigned, which can be done in two ways, and is somewhat complicated. I would recommend an Avaya tech to help you out with that.

It would be helpful to know the software version of the Magix, and also what type of voice mail they are using.

You control which lines you want to use for outbound calls, but Verizon controls which lines come into the hunt group. Make sure if you want to split things up, to match them correctly. There is really no advantage to breaking up the hunt group like that. If it is currently 11 POTS for inbound and outbound, I would just leave it alone, especially since they are POTS lines. If you make it so lines 1-6 are inbound and 7-11 outbound, and someone redials a missed call, how will you answer it?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#99781 06/22/11 01:21 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't get the software version of the magix. The voicemail is merlin messaging. Not sure of the version.
The console has no night button so the lines must be automatically assigned to the AA. "There is really no advantage to breaking up the hunt group like that." -> That's exactly what I told the manager there. I said the partner and the magix are different systems and perform differently. The problem is that my company was subbed out to do this work. So, I have to jump through hoops to get approval for changes like this. I have a feeling the managers superiors will tell him to leave it alone.
Anyway, for future reference, if the lines are assigned in programming to automatically ring the AA, how would I change that? You mentioned its complicated? Is there a specific area in a manual so I can read about it?
Thanks again!

#99782 06/22/11 02:23 AM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Most likely they are assigned under group calling/lines trunks.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#99783 06/27/11 12:49 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your input Z-man. I'll update this when they send me back. Like I said we were subbed to do this work. So, I may not even go back. The next sub in their list might get the work.
Brian

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024