atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pkardono how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/05/05 10:00 AM
Hi All,
I just playing around with my DK40i and got messup. I can not longer use dial 9 or 804 to dial out, it was my fault help .
Could anybody show me how to reprogram on using those dial 9 or 804. What the program number should I use. I have 4 CO line on my dk40i.
Your would be appreciated, and will save my live.

Thank you
Posted By: jknichols Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/05/05 11:04 AM
Program 16,
Select=00 for "Dial 9"
Select=04 for "Dial 804"

Press/Light Button 01 for CO Line 1
Button 02 for CO Line 2
etc.
Note: if you are not using a programming template, Button 01 is usually labeled "Intercom", and button 01 is usually labeled "Line 1", etc., so lighting the button labeled "Line 4" in Program 16-00 will actually have you grabbing CO line 5 as first choice when you dial 9.
Could also be program 40 and 41.
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/06/05 04:36 AM
Hi Jknichols and Phonemeister, thank you so much.
It works back, and button 01 use for "Intercom".
I got something else after reprogram, Now the incomming fax also going to welcoming message and not going directly to the fax machine (analog line).
Is there any program that I was accidently changed, so change the incomming fax setting. help

Again, thank you so much.

Pkardono
Are you using DIDs?
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/06/05 02:41 PM
I am not sure, but I had TCOU1A, TCIU2A, KSTU2A, KSTS2A, K5RCU2A, TSIU1A.
From the provider I had 4 line (CO line) hunting and the the 4th CO line is the fax line but I use also for outgoing call. The previous setting, all the call goes to 400 for the welcoming message and menu. Any incomming fax which is same number with 4th CO line number forwarded to the fax machine on logical port 008. But now the incoming fax goes to the 400 (welcoming message). I am still doesn't know what I was doing on the program that change the setting.
Is those explanation will help to figure out?

Thank you.

Pkardono
Posted By: jknichols Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/07/05 09:47 AM
Haven't worked with welcoming messages / menus (I'm doing minor add/changes to a DK280 which my vendor setup about 10 years ago) so I'm not sure how that recognizes a FAX and sends it to port 008.

A temporary fix might be to use program 81 - "Day Immediate Ring" to turn on ringing for port 008.
Enter program 81, select port 008, and light Button/LED 04. Reminder - on a phone with the standard 4 line desi strip this will be labled Line 3, don't let that confuse you.
What voicemail do you have? Some voicemails have fax recognition and some do not.

Do you have "Discriminating ringing" from your phone company? In this case, the fourth line goes to a box that has two outputs, one goes to the voicemail and one goes to another line in the expansion cabinet.

If the "second" number for the fax line rings it has a different ringing pattern and the ringing goes out to the fax. If the regular line four number rings, then it goes to the voicemail.

In this area, Verizon offers discriminated ringing and SBC does not. If your provider tells you that they do not offer discriminating ringing then you probably have a voicemail that listens for a fax tone and sends the fax call to a single line station that is attached to a fax machine.

More info needed to help you out.
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/12/05 10:06 AM
For voice mail box I am using IVP8.
I am not sure how is the incoming call handled by my system. It was set up by company who installed the system and I am not longer with service contract.
How do I checked (which program) the setting of incoming call handle by system?
I don't know how to configure.
Since I am still not able to figure out, I toke off the line fax from the system and use as dedicate fax line and not part of the system.
The outgoing call will use only 3 line, until the incoming setting fix.
The problem was start after I was try to use KYYS chip for the built in Auto Attendant.
The built in Auto Attendant still doesn't works.

Regards.

P Kardono
I would like to help you but you are in way over your head. The Kyys is used for Automatic Call Distribution, not voicemail.

The incomming vm calls usually go to mailbox 990 and then chain to mailbox 991 and then someone makes a selection.

Can you get into mailboxes 990 and 991?

I don't understand about line three. Are you talking about the voicemail using line three to page someone or for a person to call out?

In program 81 andd 87 you are setting which group or which station in a voice hunt group will ring in day or night mode.

This is one where it would be productive to bring in a tech and have them work on your system.

If you can tell us what cards are in the ksu in order from left to right and how many lines and extensions you have, I can get you started at least.
Posted By: paul144 Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/13/05 08:31 AM
Originally posted by THE Bunnie, old, blond and MOT:
I would like to help you but you are in way over your head.
You need to call out a certified Tech. you are getting in way over your head.
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/14/05 11:07 AM
You right, may be is way over of my head.
But also I know KYYS is not voice mail, I am trying to activate the built in auto attendant (may be I am wrong).
Currently the Incomming call goes to VM 990 and 991 as bunnie mention. I could get into the mailbox 990 and 991, but I can not change the button assignment from the menu option such as; 2 for sale, 3 for support etc.
I thought I could use Program 09 for the menu prompt assignment, but it doesn't change the button on the menu option. From the Programming guide read the program 09 will work if I have the Build in Auto Attendant activate, which is need KYYS chip. So I tried to add KYYS and reconfigure the works if use, thats was my understanding.
My main goal as novice is to change the button assignment for the menu prompt that recorded through mailbox 990 and 991.
It would amazing for if I could do it by my self as a learning. But if everyone said that to much for me, I would thinking to call cert tech.

Thank you.

P Kardono
You have to connect a computer with voicemail admin software to the Toshiba vicemail and look at mailboxes 990 and 991 to see what extensions they go to when you press a single digit. If you don't have that software and a laptop or a standard computer to communicate with the voicemail you can't go any farther.

The programming for the KYYS Auto Attendant is hard enough that I don't believe anyone is going to learn it from the manuals.

In the mean time, you can rerecord the greeting in 990 and 991 omitting the instructions to press 1 or 2 or 3.

You can call some Toshiba dealers and tell them you want someone to train you on the voice mail so you can administer it yourself, this is a common request. They could load the admin. software in your computer (a copy comes with each voicemail) and if you take lots of notes (maybe set up a camcorder to record everything in video and sound) you will be fine. It will also get you to the point that you can ask a detailed question of someone on the board and get a reply that you can handle.

You deserve a lot of credit for trying to learn this and you are at the point where you need a hands on teacher for an hour or two so you can move on. Its money well spent at this point.
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/15/05 12:24 PM
Bunnie,
Thank you so much for your good advice, I'll stop trying to use the KYYS and I'll call thoshiba to get the software to manage the mailbox.

Thanks.

Pkardono
In addition to the software you need a serial cable.

If you can look at the 990 and 991 mailboxes on the laptop, you will see where the single digits take you. The destinations should be identical in 990 and 991.

Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

Thanks, Bunnie
Posted By: martin Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/16/05 06:56 AM
pk
is this system in a business or is it on on your work bench. are you losing money because your customers can,t convienently contact you?
m
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 12/16/05 08:05 AM
3 years ago when the system was install, the installer doesn't give us the StratagyAdmin software. Is there away to do it without the software.
This is for my office, I am in small company with 8 person and I am in charge on phone system (doesn't mean I know the phone system). I was trying to change the menu such as sales go to another extension, which is different from the original setting.
My friend just gave me the WinAdmin. Can Ius this software? But still, I don't know how to use it, it ask user and password. My friend doesn't know either, he never us it.

Many thanks

P Kardono
Posted By: pkardono Re: how to program dial 9 or 804 on DK40i - 01/04/06 02:39 PM
smile Yuhuu, I got it works.
Thanks Bunnie for the passion advice. Bunnie advice me for the easier way to change the welcoming menu assignment through the Voice Mail (IVP8) and gave me step by step to configure the VM. So I am not using the auto attendant.

Thank you.

PKardono
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help