atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel dk16 headset answer - 07/16/06 06:52 PM
hello telco friends. im stumped. most systems allow me to set them so users with a headset can press the spkr button to answer a call on the headset instead of lifting the handset. this is a dk16 and i dont find anything in the manual or the user guide. did i miss something. thanks dave
Posted By: KENB Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/16/06 07:39 PM
Is there a headset adapter in the phone ?
Posted By: davetel Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/16/06 11:31 PM
they just have a plantronics base unit between the handset and the phone. he takes the handset off hook to use the headset.
You need a HHEU card that mounts to the inside of the base and the cable plugs into the side of the phone. The headset jack is on the bottom of the phone (you have to knock out a small square piece of plastic to install it.)

The headset plugs into the new headset port and voila everything is fine. Look for HHEU install in your manual. The card is very cheap, can't post prices.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/17/06 03:56 PM
Bunnie wouldn't he need to find a HHEU1a for the DK16 or would a HHEU2 work?
Posted By: KENB Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/17/06 05:11 PM
Steve
the book says either but the 1 is headset ops only

Ken
An HHEU2 replaces the HHEU, and is backwards compatible.

I have a couple in stock if he can't find it anywhere else, but I don't try to compete with the board runners.

The BHEU is for 3000 series phones only, not backwards compatible with the 2000 series.
Posted By: davetel Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/17/06 08:36 PM
thank you so much for all the help. i have to dig out the box of toshiba cards and see if i have one. seems like toshiba has tons of cards for this and that. thanks again. dave
This isn't a card, it is a daughterboard about the size of your thumb (well maybe a big thumb) with about a foot of flat cable ending in a connector. One end wire is red.

It screws into the base of the phone after you remove the square plastic piece.
Posted By: paul144 Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/19/06 07:39 AM
If you are using the HHEU1, make sure you read up on cutting the jumper....
Posted By: Chad B. Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/19/06 09:18 AM
Just an FYI, I have a BHEU1A in a 2010 phone and it works great.
Posted By: ringtone Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/19/06 10:13 AM
Will this board take the place of the Plantronics HL10 handset lifter? This sounds like a more elegant solution.
Thank you Chad, the pricelist I have specifies the HHEU2 for 2000 series phones and BHEU1A for the 3000 series and I thought it was odd that it would not be backwards compatible as Toshiba usually does that to save stocking two parts.

Did you have to cut the jumper or is that eliminated with the BHEU1A?
Posted By: Chad B. Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/19/06 01:50 PM
Bunnie:
I tried it without cutting the jumper and had HORRIBLE echo. Cut the jumper and all works well. Do not have to lift the handset, ringtone, just have to turn the headset amp ON and push a line/intercom button. To hang up I just turn the headset amp OFF.
Posted By: ringtone Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/24/06 12:00 PM
I just ordered a BHEU1A for my headset. Is it easy to figure out what wires get connected where?

Thanks,
Posted By: Chad B. Re: dk16 headset answer - 07/24/06 02:48 PM
Very. Cutting the jumper is a little trickier, but not hard if you've worked on PCBs before. Once you get it set up, be sure to make a few test calls and get your mic volume set right or else people will say you're screaming at them. My new plantronics headset came preset super loud.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help