atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scott Weber CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/29/08 02:45 PM
I have CIX1200 system. One of my departments are having a problem with five CO Lines disconnecting callers while they are on Hold.
These same lines are on all 20 stations in the department.
I had the carrier check the CO lines and they said that no problem was found.
Could there be something in the system that may be causing this?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/29/08 02:46 PM
Probably something to do with release supervision on those trunks. What type of trunks are they?
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/30/08 03:50 AM
Also (a long shot), but do you have on hold music?

I ask because I have had multiple customers think they lost people on hold due to CO disconnects, when in reality people were hanging up when placed on hold... because they thought they had been disconnected.
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/30/08 01:02 PM
They are Centrex Line from the carrier. No people are not hanging up. I tired calling myself, had them put me on hold and after a few seconds you can hear the line disconnect.

Sometimes the users say if they see the flashing hold light go off and they quick try to pick up the line they can save the call.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/30/08 01:09 PM
Had this problem before with Centrex. Check the release supervision in trunk assignments.
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/31/08 04:28 AM
What should the release supervision be setup as?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/31/08 08:37 AM
Enable. But make some test calls after the change to make sure that the trunks disconnect correctly.
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/31/08 10:25 AM
Release Supervision only gives me choices of
"Received" or "Not Received" same thing for Answer Suprevision.

Both Release and Answer Supervisions are set for "Not Received" on all my Centrex Lines.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/31/08 11:15 AM
My bad, change it to recieved.
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 10/31/08 11:45 AM
Thanks I will try
Posted By: p2ii Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/03/08 06:19 AM
Do not touch the "answer supervision" option. Leave it at default which is "disable"
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/06/08 12:14 PM
Well its still happening. People who call in and are placed on-hold are getting hung up on.
I changed "Release Supervision" to Received and now callers are saying they are getting a busy signal. So I changed these CO Centrex lines "Release Supervision" back to "Not Received".
Any other ideas on why these lines are disconnecting? HELP
Thanks....
Posted By: newtecky Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/06/08 01:55 PM
Do you have on hold music? Maybe they think they were disconnected because they were on hold for a long time.
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/06/08 02:42 PM
I do have music on hold... No the lines are really disconnecting. I have called the lines myself, been but on-hold and within in a minute I can hear the line disconnect. If the line does not disconnect within in a few minutes then it doesn't. This has been going on for a while. I am out the end of my rope
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/06/08 10:40 PM
Sounds like you can duplicate the problem fairly easily. Do you see a pattern? For example, is it always on the same trunk?
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/07/08 04:42 AM
Yes the problem happens on four CO Lines. All of these lines are in the same department. They are also on about 25 stations in this department.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/07/08 05:58 AM
Originally posted by newtecky:
Do you have on hold music? Maybe they think they were disconnected because they were on hold for a long time.
Maybe someone should have asked that already... oh wait, they did.

Hahaha, wink
just joking!
Since it repeats so easily why not call Centrex repair when you are on site and have them monitor the four lines one by one.

You can request anyone on site to can call that particular number and the Centrex switch people can monitor the line. I don't think you will solve this with Toshiba programming but with the Centrex switch people monitoring the lines.

Also you could prophylacticly swap out the loop start dial tone card and see if that helps but it is a rare, rare, rare occurrence for a Toshiba card to go bad.
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/10/08 07:43 AM
I tried that. I had Verizon (our Centrex Carrier)he many of times testing the lines. Of coruse you know they say its not their problem.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/10/08 07:50 AM
Originally posted by MacOSX:
Originally posted by newtecky:
[b] Do you have on hold music? Maybe they think they were disconnected because they were on hold for a long time.
Maybe someone should have asked that already... oh wait, they did.

Hahaha, wink
just joking! [/b]
Opps. I see that you did say it earlier. Ha. guess I should read more carefully. smile
Posted By: clearvoice Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/10/08 08:26 AM
How many lines total on the system. Is it just this 5 or are there more lines ?

What model phones are you using ? Are they IP or digital.
Posted By: clearvoice Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/10/08 08:26 AM
Also what type of CO card are you using
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: CO Lines disconnect while on-hold - 11/10/08 09:45 AM
Its a CIX1200 system. There are a total of 110 CO Lines in this system. The problem I am having is only on five lines. (these lines are on different cards). The problem lines are all in the same department. They are on about 20 station phones. I use both 2000 and 3000 DKT sires phones. I don't use IP phones (yet).
Those four or five lines appear on 20 station phones. Do they appear at a reception console or phone?

If they appear at a reception phone I would try and see if that phone also drops the call when it is put on hold there. If they don't appear there, assign them and see if the problem replicates.

And, print out the station settings and match those settings with a 2000 or 3000 phone somewhere else that has no problem.

I would bet that the most likely problem is some setting in that group of stations and comparing them to other good stations would be the best place to look for a solution.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help