atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ErikGun DID not getting Busy Signal - 11/07/08 05:36 PM
We have a CIX 670 with a ISDN T1. I have a DID set to Dialing Digits to extention 230 for a Analog Fax machine. Everything works fine except, when the extention is in use and another call comes in on that DID it just rings until either the incoming line drops the call or the Extention is free and picks up.

How to i set this to give me a busy signal when the extention is in use.

Thank for the help.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DID not getting Busy Signal - 11/07/08 08:31 PM
I'm not a Toshiba guru, but most systems have an intercept routing plan for subsequent calls to a particular DID number upon busy. It sounds as if an alternate route for the fax number hasn't been established. More than likely, there is a default intercept route allowing these calls to ring to nowhere instead of returning a busy signal.

PRI circuits and their associated DID numbers require that the local system (and programmer) have a full command of alternate routing for calls that can't be delivered.
Posted By: Voyager Re: DID not getting Busy Signal - 11/08/08 09:01 AM
There is a document on Toshibas Dealer FYI site that details how to set up a PRI for fax machines. I haven't had to do it on a t-1, maybe Tom or Tony will have some input.
Posted By: mj_wald Re: DID not getting Busy Signal - 11/10/08 06:35 AM
Go Trunks -> ILG -> select trunk group, Option 17 is Auto Camp on. Set this to disable.
Posted By: clearvoice Re: DID not getting Busy Signal - 11/10/08 08:33 AM
Also goto Advanved -> Station -> assignments for that extension and make sure call waiting is set to disabled
Posted By: ErikGun Re: DID not getting Busy Signal - 11/10/08 10:51 AM
mj_wald and ClearVoice, That did the trick! Thank you!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help