atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ITFormulaGuY unable to transfer calls directly to VM - 04/23/10 11:31 AM
All phones have CNF#407 configured to a Trans VM button.

as a test i called from my cell phone and had someone try to transfer my call to my desk voicemail by pressing The "Trans VM Button" (which put my on hold and i could hear the ads/music playing) then typed in my ext then hit the "#" key and hung up and nothing happend.

Can someone tell me the proper sequence?
Thanks!
Posted By: newtecky Re: unable to transfer calls directly to VM - 04/24/10 11:48 AM
This is the proper sequence. Maybe Voicemail data is not programmed with the correct voicemail pilot number.
Check 579(VM data) FB 16 = VM pilot number
Posted By: mj_wald Re: unable to transfer calls directly to VM - 04/26/10 11:09 AM
Is the call being answered by voice mail first?

I noticed that once the call is transfered, #407 will no longer work, at least on rls 3.10
by 579 i assume you mean in the EStrata Manager under Advanced Config, command table?

there is nothing there for 579 and i can not see a way to add anything.

How would i add it?
579 is under/ system / voicemail data
not seeing a system/voicemial data option

i'm running Version 4.12A05
Are you using Emanager ?
We have recently stopped using #407. found that if we spend a couple more minutes on the setup at install that we can create a pilot to do the same thing that works with and without the trailing # AND also works for inside users to quickly leave someone a message by pressing the same key. Only drawback I have found is that the caller ID info of the person leaving the message will show up as the the internal transferring extension, not their number.

Create Pilot DN 550
Dialing digits
Destination = VM pilot
Mailbox ID = 550

create mailbox 550
Chain RNA = DIRECT SEND
Comment = DIRECT SEND MAILBOX

assign available key as a One touch = CNF550
Posted By: newtecky Re: unable to transfer calls directly to VM - 04/27/10 11:39 PM
Program 579 should be there under Advanced configiuration/System/VM Data in emanager.

The pilot DN looks is creative. Nice having the option to send a message to a user.
Yes using Emanager.
my Advanced Config. menu options are command table,station, and voicemail. i've looked under all of these and there is nothing that says Voicemail data.

in the command table i can see there is no 579.

i have a feeling i'm on a very old version maybe?
The level of the user you are logging in as may not have access to 579, I just checked and level 3&4 doesn't give you that option.
know have the transfer direct to voicemail option working. thanks again for all your help guys! i'm sure i will be asking more questions in the future.
What was the problem??
you were correct with the level of access i had. FINALLY got a call back from our support rep. and he gave me the correct sequence it was programmed for.
it was just press trans vm button (which was #407 preprogrammed), ext. number, then #
Good to see you got it figured out, but isn't your final answer the same as your original posting that didn't work?
Just curious.
new issue: i have a couple of extensions, that when a call is transfered to their VM the call gets dropped. when comparing their profile against one that does work, i cant find anything that is different. any suggestions where to check?
Does the caller ever hear any part of the voicemail greeting or are they being dropped before greeting?
being dropped before the greeting
Are you sure there are mailbox's built for those extensions ?
yes they are both exsisting extensions and have been using voicemail. everyone is passing calls to their voicemail the "old way" at the moment because trans vm, ext, # wont work. (transfer call to the ext. and let it ring till VM picks up)

i called both VM's and they have personal greetings and are up and working.
I would verify the programming of the Trans VM button.
What happens if you manually transfer the call to vmail by pressing the conf/trans key, #407, ext number, #, without using the preprogrammed Trans VM button?
all calls were tested from the Secretaries phone.
example:
i would call in on my cell have her trans vm to my ext. it works. do the same thing and have her send to the 2 ext.'s not work and the call is dropped before i heard the greeting.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: unable to transfer calls directly to VM - 05/06/10 04:10 PM
have the mailboxes been setup and enabled for use ie; the user has completed the new user tutorial and the mailbox is setup ready for use?
as far as i know they have. these 2 particular mail boxes are about 4+years old. Each person has recoreded a personalized greeting on. If i call their extension direct it will ring x number of times and Voicemail will pick up like it is supposed to.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help