atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Fiske Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/12/11 07:55 AM
Have a customer with a Vodavi 3500-00. Line 2 will call out fine, works fine with rollover, but if line 2 is direct dialed caller gets one ring and a beep. Cannot pick up the call. Any ideas besides internal failure?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/12/11 08:07 AM
That sounds line a telephone line condition that is referred to as 'ring trip'. Is there any abnormal noise on the line? I'd start by asking your telephone service provider to run a remote test on that line to see if they can see any issues with it first. Of course, you'll need to provide them with the physical number for that line in order for them to do this.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/12/11 09:22 AM
first thing I would do is to check at the demark to see if it is a Telco issue or something inside

does that line happen to run though a alarm ?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/12/11 09:32 AM
Ditto the alarm question.
Posted By: Fiske Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/12/11 09:45 AM
Thanks for the responses. Yes that line does run from the phone block to a GE alarm system prior to entering the phone system.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/12/11 09:55 AM
pull it off the alarm then call and see what happens
Posted By: Fiske Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/13/11 03:36 PM
I was able to stop out today. Took security out of path, no change. Tested a good line on all co's, all co's working properly. Found even with line unhooked from building equipment at DMarc still having the problem, will contact phone company to test the line. Thanks for the help, Travis
Posted By: Dave: Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/14/11 02:01 PM
I am having a simliar issue with my phone but rollover doesn't work either. I have 6 phone lines. All lines work fine except line 2. If someone calls on line two there is a half of a ring then right to VM. If someone calls on line one and it rolls to line 2 then half a ring and goes right to VM, can't pick it up. All other lines and rollover work fine. Have had the phone company test the lines and there is nothing wrong on their end (so they say). Have had several phone tech's out and they can't figure out the problem. The phone display onour main phone says "VM Alarm 6". Not sure if this has anything to do with it but we can't get that cleared out either. We can call out on line 2 just fine. Issue happened overnight about two weeks ago.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/14/11 02:44 PM
Dial 656 to clear the vm alarm. Make sure line 2 is ringint to system vm not to Telco voice mail. Easy to check just hit 0 after it answers. If ringing to system vm then you need to check line programming for ringing assignment and or preset/fwd but my guess is that it is the ringing assignment. Also check to see if this problem changes when the system is in different modes: day/night/special.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/15/11 10:46 AM
In addition to checking the line 2 ring assignment, check the line's CO Preset forward timer too. But if line 2 has stutter dial tone, then you are going to TelCo voice messaging and that is a TelCo provider setting.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/18/11 06:42 AM
You may also want to check that there are no call foward via central office issues. I have had problems with just one line... even though that line wasn't fowarded. Get the customer to dial the Call Foward cancle code (73# here)
Posted By: Dave: Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/18/11 07:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Derrick, the VM alarm is cleared. The VM is going directly to the VM that is set up on the Vodavi system and not the telephone company.
I have had two independent tech's out and they have checked the ringing assignment, which they says is correct. I am not a tech I am the owner of the business so I don't know how to check the present forward timer. Any advice? I would assume this is the issue since it only rings for one half of a ring tone and then goes right to VM. No call forwarding problems either.
Posted By: Dave: Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/18/11 08:21 AM
I hit the D-N-D button on the on the attendant station once to put it into night mode and the same thing happens. I hit the D-N-D buttom again and it started flashing (looks like this means it's in special mode) and the line now rings fine and doesn't go into VM until after the 4th ring. If I hit the D-N-D a third time and to deactivate it the problems starts occuing again. Any ideas on why this is occuring?
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/18/11 12:31 PM
Then the quick fix is to just leave it in "special"
All kidding aside, each line must be programmed for a Day / Night / Special ring assignment. Each line also has a Pre-Set Forward timer for Day, Night & Special. the timer could be set too short for Day & Night -OR- the voice mail (stations or group) are assigned to ring during Day/Night but not during "Special".
Posted By: Dave: Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/18/11 02:09 PM
Would you know how to check the ring timer? The only manual I have is the basic "Station User Guide" which does not talk about the ring timer.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi 3500-00 line problem - 07/18/11 04:14 PM
It requires an admin password which we cannot give out here. You need some paid for phone support or have a tech come out and check the line preset timers. That is the only other thing it could be if the ringing assignment is correct as verified by the techs who looked at it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help