atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Repent Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/09/07 03:11 PM
I'm trying to logon to my NEC via the Ultramail admin program. I setup an IP in the same subnet (default) as the voice mail before I installed the software and entered in the three letter password like the instructions call for. I can ping the voicemail at it's IP address. I've connected directly via cat5 from laptop to voicemail card and still cannot get in. I get an error message that states:

Voine mail warning
Description: (null)
Source: (null)
Error Message: This computer was unable to communicate with the computer providing the server.
Error: 8000401d

Warning: The above error occurred while attempting to connect to the voicemail.

When I cancel out of the error message, I get a flash on the screen that is the admin program closing in the background. Seems like I'm almost there.....

Anybody know of any quirks when installing or accessing the Ultramail Admin program?

thanks
Posted By: ttech Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/09/07 04:00 PM
Ulramail admin is a weird piece of software. It uses MDSE and other underlying things on your laptop. You may want to try re-installing the admin software again.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/09/07 04:01 PM
If you connect directly, you would need to use a crossover cable.
Posted By: Repent Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/10/07 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ttech:
Ulramail admin is a weird piece of software. It uses MDSE and other underlying things on your laptop. You may want to try re-installing the admin software again.
you're right about it being wierd. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted several times. Even tried it on a brand new clean laptop and no joy. I suppose I could try updating MSDE. Do you know what other underlying things it uses?
Posted By: bodie Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/10/07 01:48 PM
As DrPbx suggested use a crossover cable and uncheck Use Serial Link.
Posted By: Repent Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/10/07 02:17 PM
tried that with both straight and crossover. I can ping using both. Cannot connect with either. Serial is unchecked.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/10/07 06:52 PM
I never could connect with the software , tech service gave me a way to go in through DOS and I had the 'ole familiar NVM series interface .

I wish I could use it for intramail to
Posted By: Repent Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/29/07 03:29 PM
Ok so I got Ultramail working on two separate workstations. One is my laptop, the other a fresh install of XP I setup on a test workstation. I am posting my resolution here so hopefully it will help others.

This is what I observed during testing:

Content edited to comply with board rules.

I am using straight through cables with no problem. I currently have my cards connected to a switch so I can do LAN access. I can also direct connect. I DID bind an IP address in the same subnet as my CPU and VM cards on both my test machines before installing the software but I don't think that matters as far as installation goes, since those values are not recorded in the registry for Ultramail. You would of course need to have an IP address in the same subnet to physically reach the cards.

Hope this helps someone.

Peace;
Chris
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/29/07 05:43 PM
Chris:

Welcome to the board! We really appreciate your expertise and willingness to help other techs, but for several reasons, sensitive information such as passwords and registry editing are not allowed in the open forum. That type of info is either shared via PM or in the Installer's Forum. Your post was copied to the moderators area so it could be used to help techs in the future. welcome

Link
Posted By: jmmilner Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 07/30/08 06:19 PM
I've just been down the same path discussed in this thread and I'd love to know the magic to make it work. As far as I can see, the issue really is totally on the PC side, likely in the underlying Microsoft SQL environment. I've set up packet logging on my router and UltraMail doesn't appear to ever get to the point where a TCP/IP packet gets sent from the PC. The VM card responds to pings from the same PC as well.

Email or PM me if you want/need more details.
Posted By: gwaine Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 08/06/08 07:42 AM
Hello All, I contacted Repent and he gave me a .reg file that enters the necessary settings into your registry to be able to connect to your Ultramail Admin server. It works like a charm and I can now use the program after it not working for several months. Please mail Repent or myself through the board (or PM) if you're interested in the file. You have to edit it first to point to the IP of your server and you also have to enter the name of the computer from which you'll be accessing the server. It's very simple and it works without opening any ports on your computer's personal firewall. Thanks very much to Repent for figuring this out and for sharing his fix.
Posted By: ScottMR Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 12/16/08 12:17 PM
Hi All,

First time poster here.. I could use a hand with the same problem, and would love to know Repent's solution.

Of course, he posted over a year ago, and if he's not around.. well, editing his post sorta obviates the use of a forum for solving these problems.

Mac, I fully understand the board's policy on not posting logins, PWs, IPs, etc. to public threads. Makes perfect sense to me. But program- (not user-) specific registry settings is a little draconian. I know it's OT, but could you shed some light on that policy?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 12/16/08 01:55 PM
PM Sent.
You have to make sure you have the dial-up connection setup right. Even when you connect with a serial cable or the network. Look in the document folder there is an HTML Document that shows the step by step instruction.
Posted By: extended Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/12/09 11:15 AM
Is there a way for me to get a copy of that registry key as well?

--Tracy
Posted By: eriway Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/14/09 08:07 AM
Can I get a copy....
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/14/09 09:24 AM
message sent to eriway
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/15/09 08:14 AM
The following has been reviewed and approved for posting by one of our NEC moderators. The password information has been omitted per board guidelines. Hopefully this will help you guys:

Originally posted by Repent:

Ok so I got Ultramail working on two separate workstations. One is my laptop, the other a fresh install of XP I setup on a test workstation. I am posting my resolution here so hopefully it will help others.

This is what I observed during testing:
Name of workstation (W/S) doesn't matter. The manual says you have to use "UltraMail" Notice the caps on the "U" and the "M". Not true. I used "Bedrock"

Username when installing UM doesn't matter. I used "Fred Flintstone"

PASSWORD when installing DOES MATTER. MUST use
[Password and format information removed per board guidelines.]

When you first successfully launch and get into UM, the registry values are written to your computer. These values contain the IP address you are pointing to, the W/S name you are on, the username, and password. I got into the registry and changed the username and workstation name without any problem. I could still login. BUT, when I changed the password in the registry, then tried to login, I got the old familiar error message I've been seeing for the last 3 weeks. I tried this on both workstations and found this to be true, exactly, for both. When I changed back to the correct password, I could again log back on.

I am using straight through cables with no problem. I currently have my cards connected to a switch so I can do LAN access. I can also direct connect. I DID bind an IP address in the same subnet as my CPU and VM cards on both my test machines before installing the software but I don't think that matters as far as installation goes, since those values are not recorded in the registry for Ultramail. You would of course need to have an IP address in the same subnet to physically reach the cards.

Hope this helps someone.

Peace;
Chris
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/15/09 12:51 PM
Have you had any luck with the older serial connections? That is what I am trying to get into.
Posted By: eriway Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/15/09 02:02 PM
I have always used the serial connection. Out of 5 that I service, 3 always give me trouble. I can log in, start to make changes, then get kicked out. When I try to log back in, I get an error message that the data file is in use (or something like that). I end up having to reslot to the card to effectively log back in.
Posted By: HH Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 07/08/09 10:41 AM
I seem to be having the same problem as repent in the original post. I've uninstalled UM and MSDE several times and still cant get a connection going.

After uninstalling the first time I get errors when reinstalling when the MSDE is trying to configure so I assume something is being left behind in the registry.

Any ideas on how to get rid of everything completely, besides restoring the workstation to a previous state.
Posted By: yle Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/15/10 12:43 PM
Looking for a copy of the .reg file. Am now into week 3 of trying to connect to UM. I've tried all the steps, but haven't been able to get UM to connect to the NEC. Here's hoping someone is monitoring this topic!
Posted By: Rickman Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/15/10 01:09 PM
Repent sent that Post 3 Years ago Guys.
Posted By: yle Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/15/10 03:12 PM
Understood. It's the same problem, different year. I've PM'd people directly but haven't received any responses. This is a as close to a resolution as I could find out there addressing this particular UltraMail connectivity problem. I would send my post back in time, if I could. Plus, this looks like it's the 1yr. anniversary of the last time this discussion was active. Happy anniversary!
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 01/16/10 10:57 AM
Please review my post of January 15, 2009. The information contained in the quote of that post which is all in bold, is the information Repent originally posted. The only contents that has been removed from the post is the master password information. That type info is not allowed to be posted in the open forum and can only be given out to Installer Level Techs per the board's guidelines. If you are an end user, or system admin and were not given the login info you'll need to contact your vendor or a tech here on the board to ask for remote programming. A moderator from this forum would be a good place to start if you need remote programming.

Hope Repent's post helps. :toast:
Posted By: Repent Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 09/21/10 08:31 AM
Hello All.

I'm back on the boards looking into an Ultramail issue and came across my old post. Please checkout my post concerning Ultramail if you can help.

If there is anyone still wanting the reg fix I created PM me and I should get an email notification that I was PM'd. Include your email address and I'll send you the reg file and the writeup I did on the solution. Cannot believe it's been three years since I figured that out. Haven't had any issues so haven't been here since then.....Repent
Posted By: Repent Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 07/11/11 10:10 AM
Hello All;

Just had a recent request for my reg fix for UltraMail. I also have complete instructions. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around, though not on the forum, if you need the hack. Just email me. The address is in my profile in this thread.

chris aka "Repent"
Posted By: bimmer Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 07/18/11 12:17 PM
I am stuck and I believe it has to have something to do with the sql server it installs. I get the flash of the program so something is not talking with the box. I emailed Repent for the reg file and will let you know if it works. this has been bugging me for months. Maybe the computername, SA username and password are needed when i run the setup?? any help would be nice.
Posted By: belement Re: Cannot logon to Ultramail Admin program - 11/09/15 09:57 PM
Anyone still have reg file from Repent?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help