web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Repent Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm trying to logon to my NEC via the Ultramail admin program. I setup an IP in the same subnet (default) as the voice mail before I installed the software and entered in the three letter password like the instructions call for. I can ping the voicemail at it's IP address. I've connected directly via cat5 from laptop to voicemail card and still cannot get in. I get an error message that states:

Voine mail warning
Description: (null)
Source: (null)
Error Message: This computer was unable to communicate with the computer providing the server.
Error: 8000401d

Warning: The above error occurred while attempting to connect to the voicemail.

When I cancel out of the error message, I get a flash on the screen that is the admin program closing in the background. Seems like I'm almost there.....

Anybody know of any quirks when installing or accessing the Ultramail Admin program?

thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Ulramail admin is a weird piece of software. It uses MDSE and other underlying things on your laptop. You may want to try re-installing the admin software again.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
If you connect directly, you would need to use a crossover cable.

Repent Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by ttech:
Ulramail admin is a weird piece of software. It uses MDSE and other underlying things on your laptop. You may want to try re-installing the admin software again.
you're right about it being wierd. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted several times. Even tried it on a brand new clean laptop and no joy. I suppose I could try updating MSDE. Do you know what other underlying things it uses?

As DrPbx suggested use a crossover cable and uncheck Use Serial Link.

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed." - Curly Howard
Repent Offline OP
OP Offline
tried that with both straight and crossover. I can ping using both. Cannot connect with either. Serial is unchecked.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I never could connect with the software , tech service gave me a way to go in through DOS and I had the 'ole familiar NVM series interface .

I wish I could use it for intramail to

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Repent Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok so I got Ultramail working on two separate workstations. One is my laptop, the other a fresh install of XP I setup on a test workstation. I am posting my resolution here so hopefully it will help others.

This is what I observed during testing:

Content edited to comply with board rules.

I am using straight through cables with no problem. I currently have my cards connected to a switch so I can do LAN access. I can also direct connect. I DID bind an IP address in the same subnet as my CPU and VM cards on both my test machines before installing the software but I don't think that matters as far as installation goes, since those values are not recorded in the registry for Ultramail. You would of course need to have an IP address in the same subnet to physically reach the cards.

Hope this helps someone.

Peace;
Chris

Chris:

Welcome to the board! We really appreciate your expertise and willingness to help other techs, but for several reasons, sensitive information such as passwords and registry editing are not allowed in the open forum. That type of info is either shared via PM or in the Installer's Forum. Your post was copied to the moderators area so it could be used to help techs in the future. welcome

Link

I've just been down the same path discussed in this thread and I'd love to know the magic to make it work. As far as I can see, the issue really is totally on the PC side, likely in the underlying Microsoft SQL environment. I've set up packet logging on my router and UltraMail doesn't appear to ever get to the point where a TCP/IP packet gets sent from the PC. The VM card responds to pings from the same PC as well.

Email or PM me if you want/need more details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024