atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pkmoor NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 10:14 AM
I have the Electra Pro Lvl 1 system installed in my home (office) with 6 extensions/phones, one of which was recently added. Actually, it was split off of a 25 wire cable by a NEC technician.
Unfortunately the new phone does not ring at all. Calls can be placed and received, but no ringing.
I have a combination of ETW-8-1 and ETW-8-2 phones, none with display...

How do I program the system for this new phone to ring, without knowing which extension was added? The NEC tech told me I have to get a display phone before he can do anything.

I am not a phone person, so please explain taking that into consideration.
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 10:32 AM
He was Right You Have to have a Display Phone to Program The System Day Ring. To Find out the Ext Number Have someone by the New Phone and start calling ext Numbers starting with 10 till you get to the new Phone. Rember the MIC. light must be on to handsfree answerback to turn it on Press FNC and Dial 1 on keypad. this turns it on and off.
Posted By: pkmoor Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 10:40 AM
Once I have the extension, Rickman, do I need a display phone?
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 10:54 AM
Yes, You Need to See were you are when your in Programm Mode.You can buy a Etw-8-2D from the Net, not very Expensive.
Posted By: pkmoor Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 01:16 PM
I found a ETW-16DC-1 (seems like . Can't find the ETW-8-2D anywhere. Will this work?
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 01:28 PM
Yes, but only the First 8 Lines will work.
Posted By: pkmoor Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/27/10 05:37 PM
Thanks. Will have to wait for it to arrive...
Posted By: pkmoor Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/29/10 07:46 AM
Found out the extension: 16. The display phone should be here by next Monday 2/1. Then maybe you can tell me how to program the The System Day Ring?
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 01/29/10 08:28 AM
Email Sent
Posted By: pkmoor Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 02/02/10 04:30 PM
Ok, here I go. The first part of the instructions are just fine (To get into Programming Mode, Plug the Display Phone into Station 10 or 11, Press FNC, Hold, and dial xxxxx. Do this with the Handset down. The Display will show “Program Mode”, Press Line Key 4, The Display will show ; ...) Rather than what you mentioned, the display shows 01/01:SLT NO
Below it it shows the time (which is incorrect but that is beside the point right now.) The second "0" is blinking (the one that indicates the item number.) Not sure how to get that to 15, the day ring. Can't see the 123456, but I presume that is reserved for the day ring setting. Could you check again and possibly let me know how to get to 15?

[Edited by Keighlar to remove Programming level password. Please do not post passwords in the open forum. Thank you for your understanding.]
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 02/03/10 05:56 AM
PM Sent
Posted By: pkmoor Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 02/04/10 08:01 AM
Thanks Rickman. Sorry for the password thing...thought if it was in a manual it was ok.
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC Electra Pro Lvl 1: ringing - 02/04/10 08:05 AM
Glad I Could Help :thumb:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help