web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pkmoor Offline OP
OP Offline
I have the Electra Pro Lvl 1 system installed in my home (office) with 6 extensions/phones, one of which was recently added. Actually, it was split off of a 25 wire cable by a NEC technician.
Unfortunately the new phone does not ring at all. Calls can be placed and received, but no ringing.
I have a combination of ETW-8-1 and ETW-8-2 phones, none with display...

How do I program the system for this new phone to ring, without knowing which extension was added? The NEC tech told me I have to get a display phone before he can do anything.

I am not a phone person, so please explain taking that into consideration.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

He was Right You Have to have a Display Phone to Program The System Day Ring. To Find out the Ext Number Have someone by the New Phone and start calling ext Numbers starting with 10 till you get to the new Phone. Rember the MIC. light must be on to handsfree answerback to turn it on Press FNC and Dial 1 on keypad. this turns it on and off.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
pkmoor Offline OP
OP Offline
Once I have the extension, Rickman, do I need a display phone?

Yes, You Need to See were you are when your in Programm Mode.You can buy a Etw-8-2D from the Net, not very Expensive.

pkmoor Offline OP
OP Offline
I found a ETW-16DC-1 (seems like . Can't find the ETW-8-2D anywhere. Will this work?

Yes, but only the First 8 Lines will work.

pkmoor Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. Will have to wait for it to arrive...

pkmoor Offline OP
OP Offline
Found out the extension: 16. The display phone should be here by next Monday 2/1. Then maybe you can tell me how to program the The System Day Ring?

Email Sent

pkmoor Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, here I go. The first part of the instructions are just fine (To get into Programming Mode, Plug the Display Phone into Station 10 or 11, Press FNC, Hold, and dial xxxxx. Do this with the Handset down. The Display will show “Program Mode”, Press Line Key 4, The Display will show ; ...) Rather than what you mentioned, the display shows 01/01:SLT NO
Below it it shows the time (which is incorrect but that is beside the point right now.) The second "0" is blinking (the one that indicates the item number.) Not sure how to get that to 15, the day ring. Can't see the 123456, but I presume that is reserved for the day ring setting. Could you check again and possibly let me know how to get to 15?

[Edited by Keighlar to remove Programming level password. Please do not post passwords in the open forum. Thank you for your understanding.]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024