atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: clarkcs ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/26/11 11:51 AM
I have a reception phone that when on nite mode my auto attendant picks up, and then transfers to the reception phone to make sure that phone gets the blinking light for a message. During the day when she just walks away from her desk, I want it to do the same thing, but I don't want her to have to put it on night mode. I also want to know how to change the number of rings that happen before other extensions hit voicemail. I have an F420 voicemail or phones system model. Not sure which is which. Inherited system from another company.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/26/11 05:48 PM
This would probably involve programming the phone system & voice mail. I know what an AD8 is, but not sure what an F420 is. More info would be needed to assist further.
Posted By: clarkcs Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/27/11 09:25 AM
I will get into program mode later today and get the software versions and maybe more info about the phone system. The system is at an offsite location, and I will be going there after 5pm today to hook up a UPS. I know how to get into programming mode, so once I get more info for you tonight, I will just need the line keys and program numbers to fix this.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/27/11 05:10 PM
Sounds like this might be a really old NEC Electra phone system (before Elite).

If that's the case, you might want to discuss an upgrade path to a more modern and full-featured system.
Posted By: fonemanlee Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/28/11 01:57 PM
If the voice mail is an AD8, the phone system should be an IVS, IVSII or IPS.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/28/11 05:03 PM
Apparently NEC also made an early AD-8 for the Electra (before elite/elitemail).
Posted By: Rickman Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 07/29/11 05:51 AM
Thats right, the first AD-8 was made for the Electra Professional II.
Posted By: clarkcs Re: ELECTRAMAIL AD8 QUESTION - 08/01/11 06:10 PM
What I figured out I am really looking for is for an Electra Professional Level 2 phone system and what I really need help with is if there is any way to bypass/remove the auto attendant from picking up the call and just have it go straight to the voicemail of the reception extension. We really don't need to use the auto attendant. Can I take it out of the equation so to speak.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help