web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#247312 07/26/11 07:51 AM
clarkcs Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a reception phone that when on nite mode my auto attendant picks up, and then transfers to the reception phone to make sure that phone gets the blinking light for a message. During the day when she just walks away from her desk, I want it to do the same thing, but I don't want her to have to put it on night mode. I also want to know how to change the number of rings that happen before other extensions hit voicemail. I have an F420 voicemail or phones system model. Not sure which is which. Inherited system from another company.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
This would probably involve programming the phone system & voice mail. I know what an AD8 is, but not sure what an F420 is. More info would be needed to assist further.

clarkcs Offline OP
OP Offline
I will get into program mode later today and get the software versions and maybe more info about the phone system. The system is at an offsite location, and I will be going there after 5pm today to hook up a UPS. I know how to get into programming mode, so once I get more info for you tonight, I will just need the line keys and program numbers to fix this.

Sounds like this might be a really old NEC Electra phone system (before Elite).

If that's the case, you might want to discuss an upgrade path to a more modern and full-featured system.

If the voice mail is an AD8, the phone system should be an IVS, IVSII or IPS.

Apparently NEC also made an early AD-8 for the Electra (before elite/elitemail).

Thats right, the first AD-8 was made for the Electra Professional II.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
clarkcs Offline OP
OP Offline
What I figured out I am really looking for is for an Electra Professional Level 2 phone system and what I really need help with is if there is any way to bypass/remove the auto attendant from picking up the call and just have it go straight to the voicemail of the reception extension. We really don't need to use the auto attendant. Can I take it out of the equation so to speak.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 97 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024