atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda CF All on SL2100 - 04/03/20 11:45 PM
Don't know what I'm missing. I've done this before. Did it yesterday and this morning on a couple of 1100's. No problem.

I have a SL2100 with POTS trunks. Just want to CF when one of the phones in the office rings, to the owners cell phone.

Setup VE to CF All to the cell number. User set the phone to CF with code 741, 1, and the VE's extension number. But calls just ring and ring.

I can see in 24-09 that the user has the call forwarding enabled to the correct VE. Am I missing something?

Thank You.
Jim
Posted By: cswroe Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/04/20 01:42 AM
If you call the VE does it forward? I have seen this but usually with a PRI; try and use the no answer call forward feature instead. Put the VE in a different COS and set the timer to 1 in 20-31-15 for that COS.

Of course, the old menu 60 will work too I suppose.
Posted By: Yoda Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/04/20 02:04 PM
Tried the CF No Answer, etc. No change.
I'm doing this remotely, and no one in the office now to see if calling the VE directly works. I did try putting the VE into IRG with the others, but no change.
Posted By: dans Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/04/20 04:57 PM
Jim,

Normally the caller will be disconnected or will hear re-order not ring no answer.

If you are sure all settings are correct make sure telco has all their features on the customer lines are disabled

In my area Charter Spectrum by default have all their business lines setup on call forward no answer to the next line in the hunt, we have to tell them on all new installs to call forward on busy only to the next line.
Posted By: cswroe Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/04/20 05:27 PM
In 24-09 instead of forwarding to the VE, what happens if you put the cell number in: 9P then the number? That would be the same as using the Menu 60
Posted By: Yoda Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/05/20 02:54 PM
Tried that, cswroe. No dice. I thought you had to use a VE if you wanted to forward to an outside number? But, I tried it and no change.

Dans, this customer has Mediacom service, so you could have something there. However, when the customer was still in the office Friday afternoon, I tried this and she said there was not any other lines ringing. She said the first call in (which should get forwarded to the VE) would just ring and ring. Also, the phone's DSS key on other phones was lit up, indicating, I think, that it was forwarded. ?

The customer that has this working successfully also has Mediacom service, though that doesn't mean all the features and settings are the same for all of their subscribers.

Jim
Posted By: Yoda Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/05/20 03:27 PM
I just tried making all trunks DIL to the VE. The VE is CF to my cell. I would expect that if I call from my cell to the 2100, I _should_ get an incoming call, from the 2100. Nothing.

I'll have to go in Monday if I can get the customer to also come in, and look at it in person to try to see what is happening.

Thanks for the support.
Jim
Posted By: cswroe Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/05/20 04:52 PM
You can forward without a VE to a cell phone, we do it all the time, especially recently.
I only have a couple with POTS so can't speak to them, but PRI and SIP no issues using Menu 60 or 24-09 but I think it would be same.

Does the extension/VE COS have permission to call forward off-site in 20-11-12?
Posted By: Yoda Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/06/20 03:08 PM
The VE is cos 1, like all other extensions. And 20-11-12 is checked for that cos.
Someone is in the office this morning. When they call the VE's extension number, they just hear ringing. The caller's phone display says "calling night", nothing else happens. So, the bottleneck is with the VE.

I currently have the trunks set as DIL to the VE during night mode. I put a night mode key on the receptionist phone.

Night mode - trunks DIL to VE - VE is CF all to cell number.
Calling the VE from inside the office results in only ring tone to the caller.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/06/20 05:11 PM
Check your COS to make sure Call Fwd off Prem is allowed. When in doubt try Mobile Extension. Sounds to me like trunk to trunk is turned off.
Posted By: dans Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/06/20 09:14 PM
Coral Tech,
If trunk to trunk was disabled you wouldn't get ring no answer or am I wrong on this?
Posted By: Yoda Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/07/20 12:17 AM
Got it fixed!

CF off prem is enabled in the cos. trunk to trunk was also.

I went on site today to check it out. Pretty quiet. Just me and one other in the building.

I remembered you needed to have the VE appear on a key to make it ring. Not sure if it was needed for forwarding, but couldn't hurt. Got the VE to ring when called, but nothing more. NTAC came up with the solution: dial 9 + number, in the number to forward to. I didn't have a 9, since they had auto trunk seizure checked in 15-01-02. It's the little things that get you.

As a bonus, after we made a successful CF, the lines were locked up. Call to Mediacom to add disconnect supervision, or whatever they call it. Half hour later, customer's other two lines are dead. I suppose from getting DS added to them. Now waiting on that.

Never a dull moment.
Thank you all for the suggestions and support. I really appreciate it.

Jim
Posted By: cswroe Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/07/20 07:52 PM
The instructions provided earlier, with 9P would have resolved the issue. You can do it without a VE.

Did you get the analog disconnect working? Since you are using two analog lines, they are probably never seeing the disconnect since there is not a clear down signal so it will keep them both locked up. Similar to a three-way call and one party can disconnect but not disconnect everyone and the other two can continue talking.

It would be better to use the TELCO transfer if available, or mobile extension.
Posted By: Yoda Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/08/20 02:42 AM
When I tried the 9P + number, I don't think I had the VE set up right. And I thought, since I was using 9, then I should change the auto line seizure to off. I don't know, I was trying lots of stuff and trying to keep track of what I did.

When I left it last, my customer's receptionist was waiting on Mediacom. She wasn't in the office today, so I didn't talk to her yet, but I called today and it forwarded ok, so the disconnect seems to be working.

Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: CF All on SL2100 - 04/11/20 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by dans
Coral Tech,
If trunk to trunk was disabled you wouldn't get ring no answer or am I wrong on this?

No idea. Possibly with analog lines....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help