atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: doclon dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 03:17 PM
Installed a expansion card. Phone will call other extensions but not dial out. There is a dial tone.Message: key unavailable. Is there programming necessary. seller of card says no. no PC discs available. Possible from phone?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 03:53 PM
What expansion card? Digital Station card, CO card, analog station card?? Use F#3 to find out what is programmed on the line keys. (and other keys) of the phone.
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 03:57 PM
Comdial DX 80 / 120 8 Port Digital Expansion Card 7220
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 04:02 PM
f#3: dir# unavailable

then icm 3 and extension red light on
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 04:18 PM
Feature #3 is the basic "lookup" for key programming. If that isn't working---I don't know what you can do.

Do you have a manual? Or a user guide? What is happening on other phones that were working before? Is this just happening on the phones on the new card??
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 04:25 PM
Yes, only on phones attached to new card. Have tried working phones-no difference. Is there programming necessary?
Guy I bought card from said no.
Posted By: brokeda Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 07:19 PM
E Bay tech support
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 07:33 PM
Thanks!!!
The company I bought the system from went out of business about 5 years ago. I have called a dozen or so telecoms to upgrade my system and do some programming and no one ever came through for me.
I was hoping one of you could help me with this issue.
Posted By: skip555 Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 07:46 PM
maybe if you where a bit more specific as to where you are located someone here might suggest someone you could call to help you out .

you could also check the installer link at the top of the page here
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 08:03 PM
I am in Monroe NY 10950. It is near the Harriman exit on the NYS Thruway. Would love a referral from one of you.
The telecom was On Demand communications-They were out of Poughkeepsie, NY.
Posted By: upstateny Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by doclon
I am in Monroe NY 10950. It is near the Harriman exit on the NYS Thruway. Would love a referral from one of you.

I am in Albany .... i don't know Comdial so can't help on this one but could do a new system if you are interested. We have a job in Middletown in the next week or so.
Posted By: upstateny Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by upstateny
Originally Posted by doclon

I am in Albany .... i don't know Comdial so can't help on this one but could do a new system if you are interested. We have a job in Middletown in the next week or so.

I could bring my wife to the outlets and lose money!!
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 09:33 PM
Thanks, trying not to have to get a new system. We like the Comdial. Have lots of offers to install a new system.

Hoping someone can help with my system!
"f#3: dir# unavailable" tells you the key is not programmed for line access. This will come up by default if the system is defaulted(you will lose all your custom programming) or you can manually program the line appearances.

Do you have a DX80 manual?
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/29/14 11:13 PM
which manual would that be? Thanks!
Hmmmmm.

maybe poke here
Posted By: nonameyet Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/30/14 12:59 AM
That was a neat way of pointing in the right direction ;-) ( how did you do that ? )
Posted By: skip555 Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/30/14 01:04 AM
Here's how like this
Posted By: nonameyet Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/30/14 01:29 AM
ok, whats the trick...? :-)
Posted By: nonameyet Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 07/30/14 01:33 AM
oh, I see LMGTFY (Let Me Google That For You) is a website that creates a demonstration of how to conduct a user-specified Google search.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 08/12/14 02:48 PM
2 things come to mind. I'd rather see the 16 port digital board which was made for the 120 than the 8 port board which was (is) a DX80 board.

also, I would download the programming to a laptop with out the 8 port board plugged in. Cold start the system. Add the board back and upload the program. Then you can view and make changes with your laptop or phone.

If all that fails you can buy a board that works from me. smile
Mark
Posted By: doclon Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 08/19/14 12:01 PM
So I "looked" at the program manual. Was able to get a line out(I can dial out) still can't program any keys. Anyone familiar with DET programming that could assist me? I'm trying not to screw up my system so going slow. Again, I'm more than willing to pay someone for this.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: dx-80 expansion card- new phones - 08/20/14 01:52 PM
You're going to have to start with a new station board and then possibly a cold start to have a clean database. If one of those don't work you have a CPU problem.
Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help