atcomsystems.ca/forum
We received a few of the new OS7100's and noticed the poor voice quality from the SVMI. Any idea if there is some way to change the quality via compression or any other means. They sound very tinny, loud and almost distorted...

Any ideas? :confused:
Posted By: WRichey Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 07/19/07 04:33 AM
Same here, I have spoken to a few others and the same issues with them as well.

Rerecord all prompts. Some can not be done but atleast get the ones that are played to customers
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 07/19/07 01:29 PM
One thing to check:

In the System Parameters screen there's a Default Volume Level. In the SVMi it defaults to Normal, but on the 7100 it defaults to Loudest.

Try scaling it back a bit and see if that improves the quality any.

It will always sound a bit worse than the SVMi, though, because the .729 audio format is not as high quality as the VOX files.
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 07/19/07 04:30 PM
Shawn just so you know I tried reducing volume my the VM. level 2 seems to give undistorted voice but now nothing can be heard on the outside line pretty much everything is low. Now I need to adjust the systems loss plan (damn glad that's in there) I was able to get good audio on the COs with +2.8. I know this will take some time to balance out the system, just wish I had a loss plan formula to blueprint.
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 07/20/07 06:54 AM
From the dozen or so I played with in the lab anything under Loudest will keep it from hitting saturation so it doesn't sound distorted. 2 I'd think would be quite low.

All of our internal systems are set on Normal and we haven't had any issues, though I did have one of our RSMs ask about it. We adjusted the attenuation levels like you did and all was better.

But then that's why those adjustments are there: because some variables just can't be predicted...
Posted By: Margel Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 08/15/07 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Shawn_Samsung:
It will always sound a bit worse than the SVMi, though, because the .729 audio format is not as high quality as the VOX files.
Is the prompt was recorded with the .729 audio format or just played with it? Because if it's just played, can we change the .729 to .711 like for ITP phone?

Mario
Posted By: AT3518 Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 08/28/07 01:31 AM
Level 5 for the volume seems pretty good.
My major concern with this VM setup is, how reliable and rewriteable are these mmc+ cards.
Posted By: Cracker Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 09/17/07 05:04 PM
Samsung released a tech bulletin on this issue today.
Posted By: benb Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 09/18/07 01:01 PM
Ah you beat me to it Cracker, got the email from our sales rep earlier.
Posted By: Cracker Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 09/18/07 01:40 PM
I got it from my RSM this morning too. I got it yesterday from Samsung.
Posted By: Noisycow Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 09/21/07 01:37 AM
Adjusting the volume has worked for us. The audio isn't that bad vs some other systems I could name that we sell ...

Overall I think the Samsung 7100 is the best all around small phone system we have ever installed in 20 years (for its price range).
Posted By: Noisycow Re: OS7100 Voice Mail Low Quality - 09/22/07 07:18 PM
An added note to that -- it seems the trouble is the factory prompts are always much louder than the recorded messages, which is a pain.

Re-recording the factory greeting/prompts is not a reasonable solution; hopefully this will be fixed with the MP-11.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help