atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: yocrazyb Phantom incoming calls - 03/06/13 03:27 PM
i have a 7400 v4.46d that keeps receiving phantom calls from some where maybe inside the system. they have a PRI & SIP trunks. we have SMDR capturing the data daily & the digits that are coming up from these calls are (11001 & 12001) these call the operator group & nothing is on the line & then it hangs up on operator after a few seconds. This just started happening about 3 months ago & its not everyday but frequently during through out the week. they have had this setup for a few years now. Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm not sure what i can do to fix this.... Help.
thanks
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/06/13 03:29 PM
Can you tell if they are coming in on the Sip lines or on the PRI?
Posted By: yocrazyb Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/06/13 04:51 PM
its coming from the sip trunks 85xx
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/06/13 05:51 PM
You can setup the DID table to point at a virtual extension and just ring no ans forever, or alternatively set it up to fwd to an invalid number like 9, 1# which will make it hangup on itself. Non programmed did numbers ring the operator group by default. Might be a way in programming to just ignore invalid did numbers, not sure though.
Posted By: yocrazyb Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/06/13 05:59 PM
ok cool ill try that out. thanks MichaelV
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/06/13 06:32 PM
You need to check your sip settings then for your carrier. Set the carrier exclusive field to exclusive.
Posted By: Workaround Kid Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/07/13 08:16 AM
I also had this problem, the numbers were to random and frequent to route them to a virtual extn. MichaelV is right, all misrouted calls go to the operator group. In my case both reception phones were in this group, I moved the phones to a different group and left the operator group empty. Not the best solution but works.
Posted By: gippyphones0088 Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/07/13 09:47 PM
Turn on DID err tone, system will reject calls if it doesnt match an entry in the DID table.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Phantom incoming calls - 03/07/13 11:34 PM
I had an issue like this too. Seemed to becoming from voicemail. Look at your voicemail logs.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help