atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: brnz1932 IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 08:34 AM
I have inherited a customer that has an IVX S-Class Gen II and they wanted to add a phone and moved some of their existing sets by themselves. I have administrators' programming guide but there is no way to change the phone type even if I log in with the installers' password. Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Jerry
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 08:46 AM
If they are just moving some phones whay do you need to change the type ?
Posted By: brnz1932 Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 09:02 AM
They had some cordless phones and some 24-button sets. I don't know why, but the original installer programmed one of the cordless phones to be ext 100. They want a 24-button set there so that the receptionist can perform administrative tasks. (Set time, voice mail messages, etc) Then the new ext. number was not ever programmed so I beleive that it defaults to a key phone and they want a cordless at that ext. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 09:18 AM
use ESI Access , or go on site and move the cross connects
Posted By: brnz1932 Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 09:45 AM
Steve,
I have the programming software (ESI System Administrator)for the larger systems (50, 100, 200 etc...) but I'm going to assume that Access is only available to certified dealers. We are already certified on Panasonic and Avaya, but I REALLY did not want to become certified for this one small customer. Is there any way of changing that setting through the key sets?
Thanks again for all your assistance.
Jerry
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 09:54 AM
I don't believe so , let me verify
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 10:00 AM
I can't find anything saying you can change it from the phone , also the ESI System Administrator isn't the full programing tool you can only do certain things with it , the programing tool is ESI system programer not Administrator and it is only for the CS systems.
Posted By: brnz1932 Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 10:04 AM
Any ideas where I can purchase the Access software?
Posted By: brnz1932 Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 10:19 AM
If I could make the sufficient changes to the system to get the NSP working, I would also consider hiring a certified dealer from the forum to do the programming remotely for me.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 10:37 AM
The system has a modem built in.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: IVX S-Class - 01/21/10 06:51 PM
If You can get the NSP working That is the way to go!
Posted By: breeze Re: IVX S-Class - 01/22/10 10:53 AM
You can switch the extensions around but once you do, you will have to hold the keys to program them. I would recommend going to site and manually program the buttons through system programming or at the individaul phones. While on-site, see if the system has a NSP. If not, then you can do remotes through the modem using ESI-Access. Personally, I would just vist the site and manually take care of it. This way you can verify that the keys are properly programmed and the customer is a happy one! If they have VIP installed, they can use the program to redo the buttons and print new Desi strips.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help